Message

"A message?" He asks.
"I didn't stutter did I?" I asked sarcastically.
"Damn. Sorry for asking." I heard him mumble.
"Don't apologize. It makes you weak." I state.
There was silence.
After a moment, I went upstairs and got a box. I grabbed something wrapped in bubble wrap and tissue paper.
"This should do the trick." I said taping the box shut.
"What's in there?" He asked.
God does he never stop asking questions?
"A message." I said sighing.
"What's the message." He questioned.
"That's not for you to worry about." I said matter of factly.
"Why won't you tell me?" He asked aggravated.
"Because I don't trust you." I answered.
"Why not. I'm a Serpent, aren't I?" He questioned beginning to sound pissed off.
"Because trust is to be earned, not given." I replied walking out of the room with the box.
—————
"Tell me why!" He demanded. Dammit this has been going on for over 20 minutes now.
"I already told you." I said blowing him off as I looked at him. When really, I was taking the time to admire his looks. His eyes, his nose, his hair, his lips, his jawline coulda cut a witch. He was beautiful. Beautiful. He looked so hot when he clenched his jaw.
"Hello?" He said snapping his fingers in front of my face.
"Hi." I replied sarcastically.
"You were staring too long." He said with a smirk.
"Sorry" I said grabbing a beer from the fridge. My cheeks were slightly pink from what he'd said. The way he said it. You could tell he was a player, the school bad boy, the guy every girl drooled over.
What had I gotten myself into? I asked myself.