Run

"So......." Thunder Bolt said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"What's the game plan?" he asked.

"The game plan is to skip town." I said.

"WHAT!" he yelled.

"It's that or be killed. But skipping town is the last resort. For now, we are going to know where each other are going and no one is going somewhere unless two people are going and they are armed." I said emotionless.

"And what if they get one of the Serpents?" he asked.

"Then we're fucked." I said flatly. "Because I have beef with them cause I was in their gang and I left so they're still out to get me." I said.

"And why would they go after Serpents?" he asked.

"Because, Pop is actually my grandfather which makes me a Serpent by blood and they're going after anything and everything that has to do with me. They know you guys are my weakness." I said.

"Why are the Serpents your weakness?"

"Dammit do you have to question everything?" I snapped.

"Sorry..." he said.

"Sofia..." my Pop said letting his voice trail off.

"Creo que es hora de que le digas." (I think it's time for you to tell him) Pop said.

He did have a point. I wouldn't be able to explain everything and be able to help everyone if I didn't tell Thunder Bolt.

"Por qué" (Why) I asked Pop.

"You know why." he said.

"Ugh, multa." (Ugh, fine) I replied in a defeated voice. I walked over to Thunder Bolt.

"Why are they coming for the Serpents?" he asked.

"Because..." I said trailing off.

"Because what?" he asked.

"If I'm going to properly explain this, I'm going to have to start where it all began. Me." I said as Thunder Bolt looked up.

"My parents hooked up once in high school." I said. "My mom got pregnant and both her parents and my dad's parents forced them to get married." I said.

"Sofia, you know that your parents didn't hook up in high school." Pop said butting in.

"Yeah well I still like my version." I said.

"Tell. Him. The. Truth." Pop said calmly. I nodded.

"Okay, so my dad raped my mom and their parents forced them to get married. They hated each other. But they never showed it. He cleaned up his act before I was born as his parents wouldn't let him walk out and leave a 14 year old girl with his unborn baby. I thought they loved each other." I said quickly wiping the tears away. "She grew to love him while he grew to hate her more. So, he started abusing me and my mother." I said. "She walked in... correction. WE walked in on him and the slutty whore he called his girlfriend fucking." I said emotionless.

"Now you know she wasn't a slut." Pop said.

"Yeah, she was." I said.

"Alex was a slut?" Pop asked surprised.

"Not her. Ashley."I said. "Anyway, mom went hysterical. All I could do was help his whore get outta there before my mom committed murder. So while he was all 'its not what it looks like' I had time to sneak her out." I said hesitant of what I was about to say next. "I walked back in the house to see them fighting as usual. And he was drunk as usual. It was a typical fight. She threw a vase at him he flipped the glass coffee table over shattering it. This was typical of my parents. I sat down at the kitchen table as I scrolled through Instagram." I said choking up. I felt a hand on top of mine. I looked up thinking it was Pop. But it was Thunder Bolt. He has sympathy in his eyes. He gave me a nod of reassurance before I continued.