Chapter 3, Family

I open the front door and a fire greets me

I open the front door and a fire greets me. Wavy red hair is always the first thing you see.

"It's about time I got to get back home, ye dipshit!" Venessa MacArtan says and punches my shoulder. I don't dare to tell her she has a weak punch. Venessa drops her bags and hands me a look through her dark sun glasses that I know all to well. "Ye better haul me bags in!" she orders.

"It's nice to see you too, Venessa," I chuckle.

"Venessa!? See, this is what four bloom'n months does! Ye start call'n me Venessa! It's Nessa, ye dipshit!" she scolds.

I roll my eyes. "Stop calling your gang leader a dipshit. You might be a second in command, but I still demand respect," I say.

Nessa looks sincere, even takes her sun glasses off - revealing her dark brown eyes. It's a stark contrast to the wild red hair and pale skin. If not for  eyes, she'd be her Scottish stereotype, never mind the accent.

"Ye're right. I shouldn't have done that. Ye're my leader. It won' happen again," Nessa says and then adds: "ye dipshit."

I let out a sigh, because you can't win with Nessa. She's not much of a fighter, but her words hit harder in anyway. I gesture to her two massive bags. "This your only clothes?" I ask.

"Oh, please, do ye even know me? Paul and Dany are still trying to get the rest out of the car," she laughs and then struts past me.

I spot my friends closing the boot of the car. Paul has three massive bags in his arms and looks pretty casual while walking over. With the tall, Frankenstein's monster look, weights have never been a problem for Paul. Poor Daniel on the other hand has his face going red trying to drag one of the bags here.

"Hello, ladies," I greet them.

"Look who's talking, Misses Loner Boner," Daniel laughs.

Paul gives a signature head nod.

"I'm not a loner," I defend with a chuckle. God, I've missed my friends.

"Sorry, but that disgusting BD doesn't count as company. And Camila is definitely not worth the ruffle," Daniel responds.