Chapter 12, Drunk and drugged

A/N: Please don't forget to vote, because I have a nice long chapter ready for y'all

I stay at the bar and watch Blake Bowmen lead Amber Marigold into the club. The latter is in a tight black dress and normally I'd think about how great she looks in it, but all can think about is how she's probably not eating. Do these people even feed her? Does she spend time in the sun?

Angry, I down my shot and leave the glass on the counter. With Blake and Marigold heading my way, I go rescue Paul from the crowd of grinding girls and use him as a wall to hide behind as I watch Marigold and Blake order drinks from the bar.

Blake says something to the bartender while Marigold picks up my empty shot glass. She looks at it for a second and I get this weird, hopeful thought that maybe she can sense I was where she is right now.

My anger flares like crazy when Blake and Marigold get a little too close for my liking. 

"You need to have a talk with Nessa! She's cheating again!" I suddenly hear Daniel complain next to me.

I turn to my friend, "Aww, is poor Dany losing to Nessa again?" I coo.

"No, she's cheating!" Daniel says and crosses his arms like a toddler throwing a fit. "She keeps telling all the girls I chat up that I have an STD - which everyone knows I don't. It's unfair!"

Paul sighs and rolls his eyes - which about sums up how we both feel about the subject already.

"Don't you give me that, Paul! I'm not taking any of your sass tonight," Daniel warns.

A few girls come giggling past us - sending me shy smiles before they disappear into the crowd of people. Naturally, Daniel follows them. I don't miss my favorite redhead stalking the scene from afar. 

I try not to get mixed in as Blake and Marigold head to the dance floor. Who am I to kill a fun night? I'm not wearing maroon. I'm not going to get involved. I have plenty of time to manipulate Marigold into marrying me - unfortunately. I will not be the bad guy tonight. I'm tired of that.