Chapter 32, Queens are fighters

A/N: I bet y'all got quite the heart-attack seeing this update

A/N: I bet y'all got quite the heart-attack seeing this update. So sorry for the break I was forced to have. Things will get better from here I hope. 

"The Annual Masquerade is this weekend and we've heard nothing from your precious Marigold

"The Annual Masquerade is this weekend and we've heard nothing from your precious Marigold. I like the girl, sure, but you and I both know what's at stake," Daniel starts and whips back his brunet locks for a dramatic effect. 

As usual, I let out a deep sigh and sink deeper into my chair. Each time Daniel comes into my office to remind me of Marigolds lack in support against the South, this place seems to get stuffy. 

"Paul can tell me information more useful than that," I sigh.

In response, Paul let's out a gruff sound from the wall and I smile at my silent friend.

"Now's not the time for jokes," Daniel grumbles. Even with the constant humor shining through Daniel as he watches me through his dark lashes, I know there's a serious tone as well. .

"I know what's at stake, Dany, but I've done all I can. To merge the West and East, I needed Marigold to hate me. For Marigold to not hate me, I couldn't merge them. At the end, pride is the cost of lives. It always was and Blake and Owen made no exception the day they turned down my offer. Faith is all we have. I have faith that Marigold will join us at the masquerade and if not, then so be it. I'll find a way to defeat the South on my own. I always find away somehow," I try explaining.

Daniel kicks up his feet onto my desk and snickers. "Trust me," he breathes, "I know how much you love doing all the sacrificing on your own, but not this time Xav. This time, you need help."

The door creaks open as Jack comes strolling in - white hair and searching eyes. He doesn't say a word and instead lays down a phone on the desk. Curious, Daniel and I lean forward and try making sense of the footage.

"What's this?" Daniel asks.

"We have a visitor," Jack smiles warmly.

Daniel and I look closer and the shrubs by the wall in the video suddenly move and before I know it, a figure is crossing the main garden in a crouching position.