Chapter 10, Club Cube

I'm in a hot dress

I'm in a hot dress. Next to a hot guy. Walking into a hot club. And yet, I'm feeling like a wet sock right about now.

"Okay, so there are rules for tonight," Blake says in my ear as we walk past the bouncer without trouble. The people who are still waiting to get in refrain from sending us nasty glares.

"What rules?" I ask - suddenly getting a weird feeling that someone's watching us. I look around, but except for the few people that send us flirty looks, nobody of importance sees us. Weird, I think to myself and brush off the feeling that we're being watched.

"Well, I told you I have an idea to get rid of Xavier. I just want to make sure it'll work, before I pitch the idea," Blake explains. He wraps his hand around mine and I really try feeling at ease like I used to whenever we touched. 

"Okay," I reply as we squeeze through people to get to the bar. It's dark and only the flash of lights let me spot the girls that are sending me jealous glares through there twerking and grinding. Some guys are sending Blake envious looks. I don't pay them much attention and rather focus on getting a seat at the bar. I look down and there's an empty shot glass on the counter.

"So, basically, I want to see if we can work as a couple," Blake suggest.

I whirl my head and hand Blake a sharp look. Being on a date doesn't mean I have to pretend dating Blake. What the hell is this guy up to?

"Just trust me, darling," Blake says. 

I look at Blake for a long while before I sigh and paste a smile on my face. "Sure. One night, pretending to date you can't be the end of the world," I say and turn to try and get the bartender's attention. 

When the bartender finally turns to me, I'm about to order a shot of Vodka, but Blake already calls out: "Two glasses of Brandy, please!"

"Brandy doesn't affect me anymore," I inform Blake.

"Well, the night is still young," Blake says and turns to the bartender before calling out: "Make that four glasses!"

I want to roll my eyes, because you don't have to be drunk to enjoy the club. But, for Blake's sake, I keep my smile pasted on my face and wait for the drinks.