Chapter 17, Raven vs Blue Jay

A/N: Okay, so y'all are calling Amber stupid for not trusting Xavier, but understand that she doesn't know what y'all know

A/N: Okay, so y'all are calling Amber stupid for not trusting Xavier, but understand that she doesn't know what y'all know. See it from her point of view. To her, Xavier killed Matt and Calvin and caused everything. She didn't read Xavier's POV.

Remember to VOTE, COMMENT and ENJOY while you're here.

Slowly, I take the glass of water and tons of pills the doctor hands me

Slowly, I take the glass of water and tons of pills the doctor hands me. Who knows if I can trust Xavier and drink this. Is this really for my heart or is it some kind of drug Xavier has for me?

"It's really a medical miracle that you're still standing after a heart transplant like that and not getting your medication. From what I gather, you had plenty of medication during your coma that made your new heart get all comfortable in your body, but you still need medication. I'm astounded that nobody told you," the doctor rants.

"Well, if it wasn't for this one," I say while pointing at Xavier, "None of this would've been necessary in the first place."

Xavier clenches his jaw when I glace over at him. I make sure he sees the cold, dead look I hand him.

Quickly, I down the pills and then wipe my mouth with my sleeve. I'm still in the paint covered clothes - which is a nuisance, but I'll get back home soon in anyway. I've been here for long enough. 

When the doctor leaves and Nessa is busy forcing Jack and Daniel to do the dishes, I turn to Xavier with my hands on my hips and a hard look in my eye. "I want my prisoner back. I want to question Jaaco myself," I declare.

Xavier raises one of his eyebrows and shifts his weight before saying: "You know better than to think I'll just hand him over to you."

"A deal then?" I ask, because I know the devil loves making deals.

Xavier grins when he says: "You know there's only one offer I'd accept."

Marriage. 

Fuck this.

"A challenge then. I know your ego won't allow you to say no to a challenge," I declare.

Xavier walks over to the kitchen and grabs a green apple that nearly matches the color of his eyes. When he steps back and brushes his hand through his dark auburn hair, he looks too casual for me to be sure he'll accept a challenge. "I'm not one of your boys. You can't control me through my ego. It'll be well intact no matter how many challenges I deny. However, I'm pretty keen on seeing your face when you lose," Xavier says with a wicked grin.