Chapter 5, Maroon man

I open the iron double doors that lead to my weapon room

I open the iron double doors that lead to my weapon room. Jack is right behind me and the place got an upgrade since the last time he was here. "You stocking up for World War Three?" Jack asks astonished.

I let a small smile creep its way up. It is pretty impressive... The room itself is about the size of a middle-class house and if the guns aren't lining the walls, they're stocked on the shelves. All ranges. All sizes. Enough to arm a small army.

And yet it's nothing compared to what I know the South has...

"The West and the East are just kids. They have no idea how big this gets. What you've seen during your time as a spy at the West, touches nothing compared to what's coming. I've got to be prepared," I answer my hacker. 

"Blake was a great leader, but he had more arguments with the East than actually doing something," Jack replies.

"Yeah, well, that's not a problem anymore. They will be wise to prepare now since they're part of Sterling. I just have to make sure the South doesn't intercept that meeting tomorrow," I say while walking up to the first shelf - which contains all my favorite guns. I run my hand along a gold-inlaid Cold model 1849 pocket revolver. This one's always been my favorite. It's worth is over a million. 

Jack watches me pick up the gun. "Y'know, for a guy that wants to stop gun violence, you have a lot of guns," Jack points out.

"The more I have, the less they have," I say and refer to the world outside.

I pocket the gun and grab two automatics that I hand Jack before leaving the weapons room and locking the iron doors. I make my way back to the main floor and Nessa is standing there, waiting with Daniel.

"I hope ye don't think I'm actually holding a gun. Just got me' nails done," Nessa says and crosses her arms.

I roll my eyes and Jack hands Daniel the other automatic. Nessa is useless in a fight. Pathetic really. I swear she'd kill all of us if we hand her a gun to shoot the enemy. No aim, whatsoever. 

"What do we do about the Southern thug downstairs?" Daniel asks. 

"Kill the dobber," Nessa suggests.