Chapter 70, The big day

A/N: Man I love the music for this

Four days had gone by fast. In those days, the legendary Carro Armato force sent from Gladius arrived, Jane and I managed to come up with a plan and everyone got ready. I'll have to admit, the Italian, stern faced men sent our way look like they can do serious damage. I spoke o a few of the leaders of the group and they seem ready for anything. The guns they brought with them, confirmed their confidence.

And now finally the day has arrived.

The day I get my fight with the South.

I get up from my bed and sit on the edge. Stressed, I run my hands through my auburn hair and breathe a heavy breath. I could barely sleep, so I feel a deep tiredness soak into my bones. Maybe from more than just not sleeping.

I wonder how Marigold is doing...

Strangely lonely, I open my phone and go to Marigold's contact. I know I can't message her. Well, I can if I adjust a few things, but anything I send to her right now, will be lost. 

It's for the best, I remind myself.

Out of nowhere, the door to my awful room in Jane's house swings open and Nessa struts inside. "I swear I'm goin' to do it today. I'm goin' to kill her. And if ye try stoppin' me one more time-"

"Nessa you can't kill Jane. The truth will come out and then your life will be demanded as a price. The best shot we've got is hoping Jane gets killed in today's fight," I sigh.

Nessa doesn't bark another insult at me. Not while seeing me in my boxers, on the edge of my bed with my phone in my hands. An empty blank expression adorns my face.

"Ye miss Amberry," Nessa states.

"Yes," I answer. It's not even a question, but there's no point in lying.

Nessa lets out a sympathetic sigh before walking over to sit next to me. She's already dressed in a tight red outfit with a fur hoodie. Her heels I'm pretty sure has poison hidden. Even her wild red hair is pulled back into a tight bun. She's ready for war.