Chapter 72, Forgiveness

A/N: Fun chapter up ahead

A/N: Fun chapter up ahead. Hehehe. No deaths at all. 

Blake helps me up and lets me put some of my weight on him while we try getting out of there

Blake helps me up and lets me put some of my weight on him while we try getting out of there. The sound of gunshots make my ears ring and the explosions don't help with the problem. 

I don't feel the pain of a bullet in my stomach, but I can feel it's there. I move slowly and limited due to fear of letting the bullet sink further into me and maybe puncturing a vital organ. I'm hoping it hasn't already punctured something I sort of need to live. I'm okay with saying goodbye to one of my kidneys. My lungs and heart? Not so much.

"I can't get you out of here. I'll have to get you somewhere safe," Blake says while gritting his teeth under my weight. I'm not the heaviest guy on the planet, but Blake is strained by everything that's already happened.

"I'm sorry I betrayed you," is all I say.

If I must die today, I will feel a lot better knowing I earned Blake's forgiveness. It really did eat at me knowing I was betraying him while he confided in me or took the gang out for a good time. 

But I knew I had to do what I had to do. Xavier is my true leader and Xavier took me in after my dark history.

I had a well-off family. I was in a good school and I was a promising student. I was the perfect son for my parents, but I couldn't take that anymore. I wasn't a computer. So I faked my death. I was done with that life. Till this day, everyone thinks I was abandoned. Meanwhile I'm the person that abandoned my old life. I'm sorry for leaving my little brother though. It's the only regret I have.

But I was going to kill myself for real if I didn't leave.

And even if this life of death and destruction seems horrible to others, I thrive in it. I love how the chaos makes me feel stable. 

"Shit, get down!" Blake yells and pulls me down to the ground with him. We fall to the floor and I hiss at the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach where that bullet starts shifting. 

I look up through the dust and Southerners come running in and shooting. I think for a second they'll see us and kill us, but then something flies towards them and they explode. Blood and fire rains down everywhere and I nearly throw up at the sight of their internal organs. I look over my shoulder and Paul comes running in with his battle face and bazooka. He looks ecstatic. This is his zone.