Chapter 69, Just the driver

A/N: Okay so whatever happens, just trust me

A/N: Okay so whatever happens, just trust me. This is for the best. Don't stop reading. At least finish this book and then you don't have to read book 3, but don't let this be the last chapter.

Not saying he dies. But y'all will get triggered. 

Also I have to put up a warning for sensitive readers. Read with caution. 

I turn up the radio of the car to drown out the thoughts strangling me

For a few days now, I've just been driving around. The only stops I take is when I'm filling up the tank or sleeping in the backseat. I love cars. I've always had. 

My dad was the one that made me love cars. He had his own garage and it was struggling, but he couldn't let it go. It was his passion. My mom and dad met when she had a flat tire and he stopped to help her. Their honeymoon was in a car when they could only afford to get to the location, but not to get a hotel.

Then there's the infamous story of how my mom gave birth to me in a car on the way to the hospital.

I was happy. I can actually say that once upon a time, I was undeniably happy.

One of my favorite memories pops up, but I block it out. Because thinking about how great everything was makes it so much worse remembering the bad.

"See-an? Why do you say your name like that? It's supposed to be Shawwwn, Stupid!" Tom teased after school. I was ten and waiting for my dad to pick me up from school. He was late as usual.

"It's my name. I can say it how I like," I defended and took a step back to try and let the stop sign keep me busy. Hopefully Tom and his gang of friends would walk away now, I thought to myself. I'm a tiny, scrawny kid as it is, but I felt smaller than ever.

"Are your parents also stupid? Can't they read? Why would they pronounce your name as See-an. It's weird," Tom  continued.

Yesterday he had a problem with my bony knees. Today it's my name, I remarked to myself. I heard the sound of a car coming closer and for the first time, I wish my dad had one of his very late days. Or that he's driving a better-looking customer car this time.