Chapter 68, The Southern Force

I pull on my jacket and slip my signature knuckle dusters over my coarse, bruised fingers

I pull on my jacket and slip my signature knuckle dusters over my coarse, bruised fingers. Cold brass metal arms my fists and I make sure to grip the handle part tucked perfectly in my hand so I won't break my fingers when using this beauty.

Satisfied, I step away from the full length mirror in my room to walk over to my window. It's not exactly the typical fancy view rich people have. No gardens or buildings. Considering my room is in an old factory - where the head office would've been, it's understandable that my view would be rows and rows of old factory machines.

I'm not disappointing. The South has always been accustomed to the scraps. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't want to move into a mansion, even if I can afford a dozen mansions. 

Some men live for money. 

Some live for power.

"You sure they're attacking next week? That's just around the corner," I ask my brother by born blood. He also happens to be the South's second in command. If he was two, three years older, the title of leader would've fallen upon him. Alas, fate chose me to be first born.

I'm a born leader.

Ruler of the scraps.

"Yes. That USB that Camilla brought a few months ago had the North's login details. According to Xavier's emails, Jane and him agreed to send their forces to our Blood Islands," Jaacobah answers.

"Good. I'll send a quarter of our local forces to hide and wait for them," I answer while getting my car keys and checking my flawless teeth in the reflection of the old factory window. 

Jaaco pauses before saying, "I heard they have Gladius' legendary Carro Armato troops to help them."

I shrug it off. "Find out where the Northern leader plans on placing these troops. I'm sure we can spare a few bombs to take care of them," I reply.

Happy with how I look, I turn to my brother by born blood.

"Was there something else?" I ask.

"Yes," Jaaco answers and crosses his arms, "Your brother by bound blood sends a disappointment for you to deal with."