Chapter 6, This is a robbery

"Hello, Miss Marigold

"Hello, Miss Marigold. I'm so sorry about this," Mr Wessils says before Southern scum - armed heavily, swarm through the front door - past my English Teacher.

"What the hell?" I exclaim when two guys start dragging me further into the house.

I take a deep breath - calling apron my training and more recently, my persistence to get my body back to top notch. Witch a scary amount of focus, I pull down my arm - making one of the Sourthern scum jerk forward, and then I power kick his jaw. When his grip loosens, I give a fast twirl - causing the other Southern scum's arm to twist as I quickly pull my arm up and have his hands behind his back. Without much thought, I shove him into the hard wall and he goes down without much effort.

When I turn, teeth bared and ready for whoever is next, I spot Blake, Owen and Sean at gun point. At least two dozen Southerners surround us and is ready to blow half of my inner gang's heads off.

Mr Wessils winces at the look I hand him.

"So it's true. It's been the South all along," I growl. 

The Southern scum are still pointing guns at my inner-gang, but I don't get nervous. I'm focused on Mr Wessils and how the hell I'm going to beat the living crap out of him. Somehow, through the cold, unyielding shell I'm in, the girl in the dark, wonders if I'd even flinch if one of my boys got killed.

"Depends on what you're referring to," Mr Wessils answers.

That girl inside quickly gets drowned out and I straighten my back. "You killed my parents. You killed the Sterling leaders. You killed Trebor," I say and hand my English teacher an icy glare.

The South will pay with their lives.

Mr Wessils looks at me for a long moment before he answers: "Yes."

I don't feel anger. I don't feel sadness. I don't even feel betrayal. All I feel is nothing. A cold, hollow hole in my chest that wants to get filled. Wiping out everyone in the South and perhaps even the North is the only thing that might satisfy me right now.

I ignore that girl deep down that's squirming at the idea of actually killing someone. I've never delivered a fatal wound before.

"Then you, and your scum, must die," I say.