Chapter Eight

"Happy Birthday Japan!" every voice in the hall boomed and China showered Japan in sakura petals.

Everything was amazing. The hall was decorated with colourfull balloons and streamers. Lots of japanese fish flags called koinobori are hung on the walls and poles that were brought in the dining hall. Bamboos placed at the entrance and on every corner. All of the countries' hand made wishing cards were hung on them. Japanese food filled the whole buffet table. There were even liquors of every country prepared at another table.  With the help of Arthur, Romania and Norway of the Black Magic Club, red lit lanterns with kanjis were floated in mid air like fireballs. At first, (f/n) thought Arthur was joking when he said he knew magic along with his two members of the club.

"Told you I know magic." Arthur said after he sipped his red wine, standing near the entrance while watching the happy faces of all countries.

"Alright." (F/n) grinned as she approach the british man. "I'm sorry I made fun of you earlier this evening. I'll make it up to you sometime." She stood beside him and looked at the crowd too.

"Apology accepted." He said and smiled at her. "Alfred's such a pig." He saw Alfred stuffing his face with whatever food served on the buffet table.

"You mean America?" 

"Yes. The idiot threw away all table manners I taught him when he was just a brat. He even started to annoy the hell out of me." Arthur took another sip.

(F/n) chuckled.

"What's funny?" Arthur furrowed his brows.

"You."

"What did I do?"

"Well," (f/n) started with a smile. "One moment you were angry and being mean and some other moment you're just the opposite. But in your roughness you still hide your caring thoughts. And it's funny how you could handle kids quite well despite how much you despise them."

"Oh, that was just- I- ugh- well, it's nothing really. Stop laughing!"

But it's hard for (f/n) to stop laughing. The way Arthur's caterpillar eyebrows scrunched together when he's flustered amused her. And his face went pink too. She thought this made him looked... cute. She hate to admit but those were her thoughts. Arthur's face loosen up a little as he suddenly felt amused as well. He was amused by her laughter. It was cheery and feminine. Not the girly high pitched feminine type. But the the woman feminine type. And he liked that. Soon he laughed with her.

"Master England," someone cleared their throat.

"Mr. Martin! Didn't see you there." Behind Arthur was his butler.

"We have a guest." Mr. Martin had his butler face on.

"A guest?" (F/n) was surprised. A guest on an isolated island at night time?

"It seems like you people are having party." said the sudden guest.

"Lord (l/n)!" Arthur exclaimed at the sight of (y/n)'s father. "What brings you here? At this hour?"

"I will see you with the rest of the Allies and the Axis in the meeting room. Oh! Lady (f/n), bring Lady (y/n) as well." With that, the Marquess of Hexham left.

"I'll get the Allies and Axis."

"I'll get (y/n)."

They were in the meeting room 15 minutes after that. The party was still on going even without Kiku. No one really noticed much about the birthday boy, they were drinking and eating their ass off. As it happens, Kiku was the last to arriaved. He had to pry off Prussia and Korea's attempts to make him drunk and sing the Hello Kitty theme song together with the dance. He climbed the stairs to the third floor and headed for the third door of the third corridor. Strange he thought. Why would they use the oldest and least equipped meeting room among the three meeting rooms they had. And the most secluded too. He knocked and entered. Inside was a huge U-shaped stone table. In the middle sat the Marquess of Hexham.  The right side of the U were (y/n) and the Allies while at the left side were (f/n) and the Axis.