Chapter Thirty Three

It was an illuminous night. Not only the light was coming from the moon, but also from the lit lanterns that floated around the castle grounds. The Jack-o-Lanterns smile as they witness the merriful Halloween celebrations. Everyone merry in their costumes. Everyone merry eating the delicacies. Everyone merry with joyful laughter. As if there were no problems that would stop them from being merry. Or is there?

Despite the joyous music and laughther in the castle courtyard, the athmophere was otherwise in the room of the third door, of third corridor, of the third floor. No one amongst the people in the meeting room had a smile etched on their faces. No one, except Romania. Or better known as Vlad. He was smiling smugly as he watched the green irises of Arthur turned black with anger. One of the bulbs of the old crystal chandelier exploded.

"Arthur!" (F/n) stood up instantly. The bruises on her arms were still visible against her snow white skin.

Arthur's eyes returned to normal before he muttered an apology as he thought about (y/n) who was resting in her room. But he was not done with Vlad just yet.

"You knew about it all this while." Arthur muttered dangerously.

Vlad chuckled. "Oh I knew since the day she lay her foot on these castle grounds. Even she knew what fate had for her. And you would have known if you hadn't went down there unarmed and lost your sniffing senses."

"You could have told England!" Alfred punched the stone table. "You could have stop all of this!"

Vlad laughed amusingly. "I? Could have stop this? Tell them Artie. Tell them what I could have done! Even you yourself have no guts to do it."

Alfred looked hopingly at his brother. Hoping to hear an answer that would save his lil' sis. But Arthur only stare at the ground as his curled fists shook.

"Tell us England, what is it you could have done to save (y/n)?" Ludwig crossed his arms. He was starting to get the chills with everything that's happening. Especially since it was only them who knew about this. It was decided by the whole team that other countries should be kept in the dark and not involved. They wouldn't want to cause another war. It might be worse than WWII.

Silently, Arthur answered. "I could have killed her."

Alfred felt like he was stabbed again. "Is that the only way?"

Vlad laughed harder. "Forgive me. It's just funny to know that none of you countries -excluding England here and myself- knew about the myth."

"What myth?" Yao asked cautiously. Being one of the oldest countries, he knew many myths and legends. But only about the Asian ones.

Everyone had their eyes on Vlad. Hoping for an explanation.

"A myth, on how everything started. I believe England here should do the honour of telling us this bedtime story since its origins belonged to his land." Vlad said nonchalantly. "Or have you forgotten?"

"I certainly do not." Arthur snapped at Romania. He sighed "It happened during the Celtic times. During in which I wasn't formed yet. But I was very aware of the myth since I'm considered part of it. It was always told to me as a bedtime story by the folks during that age."

Arthur took his seat. Everyone's curious eyes on him. He took a glance each of their faces. He closed his eyes as memories took him back to past where he was still a small country, a little boy. He remembered being welcomed in a nice wooden cottage belonging to a kind old lady who wore medieval clothings. He remember sitting down by the fire that warmed both of them during that wintery night. After releasing a deep sigh, he began his tale. He told them about the legend. Of Morrigan and Merlin. Of how Merlin killed Morrigan. Of the curse.