Chapter Ten

"Ohonhonhon! What a beautiful spring." Francis danced around the courtyard with a red rose.

"What the hell are you doing?" it so happened that (y/n) was passing by. She still didn't have anything to do in the evenings.

"I am enjoying spring." his eyes sparkled with... romance?

"Spring started two weeks ago idiot."

He sighed. "My fille, don't you know what day it is tomorrow?" his hand on his hips while the other hand brought the rose to his nose.

"No. I'm too exhausted with yesterday to be bothered by tomorrow." she answered calmly yet with a hint of annoyance.

"Oh no! How could you not know? This is terrible." he drammatically brought his hand to his forehead in despair.

She sighed frustratedly. This was one of the reasons why she hated frenchmen. Over drammatic, especially this annoying longish blonde hair standing in front of her now. Could they please cut the act. "No. I really don't know."

"Tch. Tch. Tch. Tomorrow is the most awaited day for all the femmes in the world!" his arms opened, drammatically.

(Y/n) looked at him as if he had swallowed a whole python. This man was bloody ridiculous. No wonder Arthur hated him. Francis noticed that she still wasn't getting the message.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!" he stated. This time it was him who went frustrated.

"Oh..." (y/n) finally realised. "Valentine's Day." she muttered under her breath. No wonder the hallways were a little pinkish and red this morning. The maids had the academy decorated for tomorrow. When did she ever gave out orders? Nevermind, it saved her a little trouble from doing so. She walked away from the frenchman. 

She never really celebrated Valentine's Day. But she did gave (f/n) and her father some chocolate every year. And her father always asked if she was meeting someone. The answer was always a no. Who would possibly wanted to date her. She never had the time to find someone. And it was for the best if she stayed away from love. She knew better than to invite danger. But she did recalled getting flowers and chocolate from anonymous people during her university years. And they always ended up in someone elses stomach or vase. (Y/n) realised she had reached the dojo. She stood there for a moment, remembering her day of embarrassment. She took a peek at one of the windows and saw kiku practicing with his katana. The real one, not the wooden one. She felt a pang of jealousy. She wanted so bad to own a katana. She had various collection of swords back at home, the katana will complete her life. (Y/n) didn't realised she had been standing there for minutes. She was mesmerised by Kiku's slow yet fluid movements. His fit body was balanced and looked good in the kimono. She slapped herself. Was she out of her mind? How could she had praised someone she hated.

"You could come in, (y/n)-san. I don't mind." Kiku said as he practiced.

(Y/n) cringed. She was busted. Should she accept the invitation? It annoyed her to be invited by someone she hated. It was as if she surrendered and signed a defeat treaty. But the katana looked so beautiful as it reflected the sunrays that entered the dojo. But it was an invitation by Kiku. But she really wanted to get a close look at the sword. But- but- alright! That was too many buts. She entered the dojo with her head held high. She only came for the sake of the majestic katana. Nothing else. Kiku stopped his movements as (y/n) entered. He stood facing her.

"You were looking at me from the moment you passed by, weren't you?" Kiku stated nonchalantly.

(Y/n)'s face heated up. He noticed from the start? Now that was something worth digging her grave at the moment. She still kept her head high though. This was not the end of the world, nothing to be ashamed of. She was looking at the katana, not him. Definitely and positively not him.