Chapter Thirty Nine

Arthur came trudging heavily upon reaching W Academy that afternoon. He found it strange how the transition from the beach area towards the castle which situated in the middle of the island was drastic. From sands to snows. Such a strange island. But ofcourse, nothing is normal when magic is involved. This island was enchanted, he could feel it. Who enchanted it? He didn't know. But one thing for sure, the person was a genius. It would be an honour if he had a chance to meet that person.

He knocked the castle doors, although it was unecessary. Vlad would have made a humourless joke if saw this. He entered, the lobby was empty. And it was too quiet. As if the castle was deserted for a long time. Or was it just him who felt the place was dead since he had just came back from his hectic place. Things didn't go as smoothly as he thought. After putting his bag in his room, he decided to take a walk around the castle, hoping to find the rest of his teammates. He wanted to hold a meeting tonight, regarding what happened at his military base.

The first place he went was the dojo. He knew that Kiku was giving (y/n) meditation sessions. And he hoped it went well knowing how feisty she could get. Upon arriving at the dojo's entrance, he saw Kiku and (y/n) sitting cross legged on small cushions. They were facing each other. He felt glad to see them looked calm. Something that was hard to obtain during these dreadful times. Arthur turned around to leave, he didn't want to interrupt their session. 

"Arthur?" 

The said man stopped at his tracks and turned to face the voice. (Y/n) stood up with her hands on her hips. Her face looked puzzled. Kiku was still sitting on his cushion.

"When did you get here?" she asked.

Arthur shrugged his shoulders. "A while ago."

"And you don't want to greet us when you were already standing there?" (Y/n) heard his footsteps while she was meditating. She heard it clearly.

"I didn't mean it that way. It's just that I would hate to interrupt your session with Japan." he explained.

She sighed and grinned. Taking big steps, she walked up to him and gave her unbiological brother a hearty hug. Arthur's hands awkwardly placed on her back. He was surprised to be honest. It was extremely rare for (y/n) to be affectionate like this. His eyes looked at Kiku questioningly. Wondering if he had anything to do with this. But all he got was a warm smile from the japanese man. 

"Hey, you alright?" Arthur asked her.

"Yeah, it's just that we rarely hug. And siblings should do hugs." she said as a matter of factly.

Arthur chortled. "Yes, siblings that aren't related by blood."

"But we are related by heart." she interjected.

"God (y/n), I never knew you could be so calm and sentimental." he exclaimed.

"Shut up! I'm not freaking sentimental." her face wore a scowl.

He sighed. Guess she was still (y/n) afterall. "Anyway, Ace Team in meeting room tonight at nine."

"Did something happen at your home England-san?" Kiku inquired as he approached them.

"I'd say it's quite hectic Japan. Are sessions hectic with this lady?"

"Arthur!" 

"Not really England-san. She's doing fine."

"Right. I'm just going to take a walk now." he patted both of them on their shoulder. "Don't forget to tell the others if you meet any of them. Wait, let's just have a dinner meeting. Make it at eight. I'll inform the maids. See you later."