Chapter Forty Three

(Y/n) sat in her provided room. She was back in her own world now ;the real dimension, together with the 2ps unfortunately.  Hugging her knees on the floor beside her bed, she thought of Ryu's words before he was killed by Oliver. She knew he was just provoking her but she couldn't help thinking what he said might be true. Her mother died during her delivary. Her father died, poisoned by Oliver. Arthur was poisoned by Mr. Martin because he was mistaken to be her lover. Luciano told her on the day she arrived at the Second Dimension, that she had killed (f/n) when Morrigan possessed her at the lake. To top it off, Kiku was stabbed. All because he loved her. And when a country was stabbed at the heart, the country dies. That was what Oliver said. She didn't want to believe him. But she knew the nefarious man was telling the truth. Knowing how serious they are to bring their goddess back in power

The door of her room was opened suddenly. She glared at the person who just entered, Kuro. Images of him stabbing Kiku flashed in her mind. It felt ironical to hate the man who looked very much alike to the person she love. Kuro walked like a soldier, with his head held high and the way he swing his arms lightly but firmly. His eyes were cold and strict, unlike Kiku's whose nochalant but calm.

"We shall leave for Salisbury tonight at half past nine. " Kuro came to inform her under Oliver's order.

(Y/n) glared at him quietly. She had nothing to say to this man. Kuro's lips lifted up slightly into a smile. He strode slowly towards her and crouched infront of her. Bringing his face an inch to hers, he took a lock of her hair twirl it idlely. His eyes bore into her angry ones.

"Why?" Kuro's asked. "Does it pain you to see me? Looking exactly like your most loved one." There was a hint of smugness in his voice

(Y/n) wanted to push him away but he caught both of her hands. 

"I personally would've killed you if you weren't Oliver's precious." he said coldly. "Dishonourable people like you deserve to die."

"You're one to talk! People who cheated in battles are dishonourable." (Y/n) couldn't shake off the memory at the lake.

"Losing is the most dishonourable of all acts. And from the likes of it, you my Raven Priestess, are clearly in the losing party." Kuro tightened the grip around her hands. "Besides, to have someone else die for the sake of your own victory, is pretty much dishonorable for me." Kuro released her hands and marched out of the room.

(Y/n)'s heart was sliced with pain. She was dishonourable. She was a vile woman. She knew the Morrigan who rested in her body had gotten stronger than ever. She had appeared in her nightmares more frequently than before. And in those nightmares, Morrigan smiled gleefully while she frown miserably. (Y/n) hated herself. She was heinous. Mean. Cruel. She didn't deserve to live. She didn't deserve love. She- she took a deep breath. She needed to breathe. A sob escaped her lips. If Kiku were here, he'd told her to calm down. To breathe. (Y/n) sat in the Burmese position and began to meditate. She must clear her mind. Her loved ones might be gone -she grimaced at the thought. This was the least she could do. Clear her thoughts. Clearing her mind from those negative vibes. Clear her mind from Morrigan's wrath and vengence.

"Kiku..." she sighed longingly. She refused to allow her pooling eyes to shed a tear.

Kiku glanced up the high concrete ceilling. How the pillars connected to form an arch. How the room came to be visible when Arthur lit the torches with a flick of his hand. How the stone altar was still there. They were back in the ritual room. The one where Oliver performed the second ritual. Everyone shivered as they remembered the events in this room. The memory still carved clearly onto their minds. Her painful scream. The mark that bled on her back. Her struggle to be free. The ravens that represent her.