Chapter Twenty Five

"Lady (y/n) (l/n) what in the world are you wearing?!"

"I'm wearing clothes, Arthur Kirkland!"

There was only one hour left before (y/n)'s undesirable date, so Arthur decided to check on her. And as soon he entered her room, he saw that she was wearing her usual jeans and t-shirt with her hair tied in a ponytail. He knew she could be such a rebel, but to dress so unappropriately for a fine dinner with a noble seemed to be a tad ridiculous. 

"You're going out with a noble and you're dressing up like that?!"

"Oh! And whose fault was it?"

He sighed, feeling irritated. This girl is impossible.

"Is something wrong?" (F/n) popped her head through the door. She thought she heard angry yells when she was about to enter.

Arthur gestured with his hand at (y/n)'s attire. His brows furrowed in distaste and frustration. (F/n) smiled, she thought he looked cute that way. She walked towards her bestfriend. This problem was just a piece of cake.

"I'll take it from here. Just go downstairs and wait for the others in the living room." (F/n) patted his arm and send him outside the room. Once that was done, she faced (y/n) with her arms crossed. "Seriously?"

"I beg your pardon, but it wasn't my idea to agree to his 'dinner' offer!"

"I know you hate this man. And I do too. But I think you should go out instead of staying in your room." her expression soften. "I know it was only yesterday that things happened, I shouldn't push you into it. But I seriously hate to see you being depressed." Her eyes started to glisten. "You're my friend (y/n), my sister, it pains me to see you like this." 

(Y/n) felt extremely guilty for making (f/n) sad. Despite how awful she behaved, (f/n) never once yelled at her. To see her on the verge of tears made the stubborn lady soften. She gave up.

"Fine." (Y/n) said with a huff. "Just this once."

"Can I dress you up?" (F/n) smiled hopefully. "I hadn't dress you up since we were teens."

(Y/n) was afraid she would make (f/n) sad again. So all she could do was nod even though she disliked dressing up. The smile on her face was enough to make (y/n) bear anything at the moment. She only sighed when she was pulled to her closet. Here goes nothing.

Downstairs the gentlemen were discussing, more like whispering with each other at the living room. They reviewed everything about their plans from A to Z. Who will stay? Who will go? Who does this? Who does that? They also made sure that 'they' were the only ones in the living room at this time. Don't want any information leakage now do we. Mrs.Abbott clear her throat as she announced Lord James Jesselton's arrival at the foyer. This man was five minutes early. How gentlemanly.

"Where is (y/n) and (f/n)?" Ludwig asked. Not whispering anymore.

"(F/n) was helping that brat preparing for this date. She was having a strike just now." Arthur stated with clear annoyance.

"Aiyah! What took them so long to prepare?" Yao complaint.

Alfred shrugged. "Women."

Feli looked at them and said, "But the le signore must take time for their looks. Then they will look pretty, ve..." his face was cheery, bet he was imagining cute and pretty girls.

"God (f/n) I can't walk with these!" (Y/n) yelled as she held on to (f/n)'s arm, walking into the living room.

The rest of the men were stunned to the point of their toes. This was something new, a more feminine side of the Lady (l/n). Of course she wore the skirt uniform of the academy, but other than that it was always trousers and shirts. Tonight she looked a whole lot different. She wore light make-up and her hair was tied in a loose bun. She had on a black lace elbow-sleeved cocktail dress that reached her knees and accentuated her tiny waist. She walked awkwardly towards them with her 3-inch black strap heels. Even so, she still looked provocative. Kiku was grateful the attention was fully given to (y/n), he didn't want anyone noticing his pink face. He couldn't believe how much transformation she undergo. Well done (f/n).