Chapter Thirty Seven

The little blonde boy shivered beneath the large mossy tree. Seeking protecting from the rain and howling wind. He hugged his legs as his heart sorrowed for the condition he was in. He was lonely. Alone. No one was there for him. A cloaked figure suddenly approached. He was of long snow white beard and held a long wooden staff that he used as a walking stick. 

The old man extended his hand towards the young boy. "Have you desire to learn magic?"

"Magic?" the boy's emerald eyes shone with excitement.

"Yes, my dear land. Magic." his hand now held the boy's. Sealing their fate.

"But," the boy stare into the eyes of the peculier bearded man. "I don't know your name? What am I to call you?"

"Merlin."The old man's mysterious eyes twinkled. "You shall be awaken now, my great country."

Arthur's eyes shot opened. It had been a long time since he had that dream. It only occured during certain peculiar times. One of those times was during the reign of Elizabeth I, when the spanish armada was defeated. Another was right before WWII broke out. And another one was before London Bridge got bombed earlier this year. Peculier indeed, just like his magical teacher. 

His nose sensed a floral oriental fragrance rather than his usual tea smelling room. He realised he wasn't in his room. His hand felt the cotton blue bedsheet. This wasn't his bed. He sat up quickly. Automaticly his hand jerk towards his head, feeling woozy. He cleared his throat, it felt a little dry. He noticed he was wearing his blue pyjamas. Weird. Because as far as he could remember... what? His mind was blank. What happened? He was packing. Alright, and then? Mr. Martin brought him his usual evening tea. Next? He drank tea. Then he felt hot and suffocating. Which caused him to open the windows and there was him suddenly coughing up blood...

His eyes widen in realisation.

"Take it easy." (F/n) was sitting cross legged on her sofa. Her head on her palm, intently watching his movements.

Arthur's head swiveled to her direction. "Was I poisoned?"

"Water hemlock." (F/n) nodded and handed him a glass of water. "Please do drink this."

"Thank you." he murmured and gulped the whole contents of the glass. "How long was I out?"

"About two days." she replied with a bitter smile.

"Two days?!"

She went to sit next to him, "Relax. It's just two days."

"Well those are bloody long two days."

"Please Arthur," she held his arm. "It could have been longer than that. It could have been for an eternity if you weren't what you are."

He stare at her face. "Were you the one who saved me?"

She bit her bottom lip and averted her eyes from him. It felt strange to use the term 'save' in this matter though that was her job as future doctor. Besides, Ludwig was with her as well. She would have freaked out entirely. Her throat ache as she was holding back those tears of worriness and fear. She was so close to losing him. Those risks she took would have given opposite results. Suddenly, she felt a pair of arms around her.

"I'm sorry love. It was ungrateful of me to complain." he place his chin on top of her head. "We're you scared?"

He could feel her head shook in disagreement. Yet his shirt was now damp, most probably from her tears. His hand stroke her hair gently, hoping it would soothe her nerves. A few moments later, she retracted herself away from him.

"God, I can't be like this." she threw back her head and blinked away the tears. "I- we, need you Arthur. Terribly need you."

"Did something happen for the past two days?"