Chapter Twenty Seven

"(Y/n)!" Arthur called out to the skipping lady. "What are you up to?" 

"Arthur." she skipped towards him and gave a tight hug that surprised him. Since when (y/n) was the type to hug? "Nothing. I was just heading for Kendo practice with Japan."

"Kendo practice?" Arthur asked. 

"Well, summer is still long. Might as well polish my skills. Kiku says I'm getting better." she said happily.

Arthur smirked. "Kiku?"

"I- I- I- well-" (y/n) suddenly realised what she said. The crimson blush was clear against her pale skin. "I- I meant Japan!"

"Of course." note the sarcasm.

"Shut up gorilla brows!" she ran away.

"Why you insolent child!" Arthur muttered through his gritted teeth. 

"You should really learn to control your temper Arthur Kirkland." (F/n) held his shoulder and gave him a classic novel, Pride and Prejudice. "I'm done reading it." 

"Lovely." He took the book with a smile. Somehow he felt extremely happy and fluttery whenever she finished the books he lent.

"What's wrong with her?" (F/n) asked politely.

"Who?"

"(Y/n)."

"You saw that?"

"Yes, everything. From the sudden hug and skipping to the gorilla brows." she said as she stiffled her giggles.

Arthur swore he'll give that arrogant lady a sweet payback. "She's going for Kendo practice with Japan."

"So why is she skipping?"

"That jeune femme, is amour!" Francis appeared infront of them dramatically with red roses.

This caused the british pair to cringed in surprise. (F/n) only laughed nervously as she watched Arthur strangled and curse the life out of Francis and his roses. It took all of her persuasion for Arthur to release his grip on the frenchman. Francis thanked her with a rose.

(Y/n) on the other hand arrived five minutes late for her appointment with Kiku. She apologise with an excuse of running into Arthur. Unfortunately...

"Apology not accepted." Kiku said deadpan.

"Psh! Despicable insufferable japanese. Damn you bloody-"

"Except," he silence her. "if you win a duel against me."

(Y/n) smirked. Her fighting spirit fueled by his words. "Dear Japan,  since when you were the," she looked straight into his eyes, the smirk not leaving her face. "challenger."

Kiku only smiled calmly. He missed seeing this side of her. The hot headed fighter that loved duels and challenges. It had been so long since he saw that fire in her blue eyes. The smirked that threatens her oppenents. Her whole face that said war.

Kiku replied calmly. "I simply just wanted to test your skills."

"I'll give you skills alright."

Both quickly changed into their Kendo attire and got ready in their positions. (Y/n) felt excited, adrenaline rushed through her veins. She grinned under her men. It had been long since she had a duel. Now she was famished for it. Kiku on the other hand remained calm. His signature demeanor never left him despite how hyped he felt. Both bowed. And afterwards, (y/n) charged forward like a leaping cat.

Kiku dodged. Her agility had increased during their practices. But he was just simply faster. He blocked her hits with his shinai. He could feel the increased strength in her as her awkward gripping was long disposed. He noted in his mind that she was an offensive and aggresive attacker. Now that he was done with his observation, why not add some pressure to this lady before she goes all arrogant? Besides, there could only be one winner.