Chapter 18

~Marissa~

The dress fit perfectly. It was very elegant, and really complemented everything. My maids had a few alterations to make before it was completed. So I stood on a stool as the maids sat and worked.

"This is truly beautiful. You three out did yourselves. I can't believe it," I said as they worked.

"Thank you Miss. We're glad you like it," Luna said as she smiled up from her work.

I smiled down. All I could think about was how Nathan was going to react to this. I'm like my mother. Simple. So I knew that other dresses will be big, and over the top. Dressed to impress. But I hoped mine would stand out for its simplicity.

The more I thought about Nathan, the more I thought about our kiss. Then the door opened, and Queen Kriss, and Prince Ben walked in. What Ben said stuck with me. I knew Nathan had to kiss the other girls. I knew that he had to at least try and love them. Maybe he already did love some.

The first thing that came into mind was confining in my mother. Hopefully she would have some advice as to what to do. After all, she did go through this once.

An eternity later my maids were finished with my dress. I carefully stepped down, and made my way to the full length mirror. I was shocked. The dress was red, with golden sparkles that shimmered with every movement I made. The top had ruffles for sleeves that hung off my shoulders. The skirt was big, but not big enough that it was constricting. There were four layers of ruffles. Each layer seemed to get darker as it went down. But they were still covered in golden sparkles. Twisting I got a glance at the back. It was open for the most part, but only went to about half way down my back. I was in awe.

"Do you like it?" Luna asked.

"Like it? No. I don't like it. I absolutely love it!" I exclaimed.

Three bright smiles appeared in the mirror. I knew they were pleased, and I was ecstatic.

"There's no time to waste. We must get you ready. You only have a few hours until it's time to go. We'll begin with your hair," Everly said.

They helped me from the mirror to the vanity where they began to work on my hair. They pinned it up with many pins, most were ones that had pearls, or gems at the end of them and stuck out in my mop of red hair.

Eventually my hair was pulled back into loose braids that lead to a mop of beautiful curls that were twisted around each other. The pins with things at the end stood out even as they were tucked in places that made it hard to see with my hair. They truly out did themselves.

My makeup was very simple. It was light, with black eyeliner, and a touch of gold eye shadow. My lips were a dark red to match the dress.

My jewelry was also simple. Little golden earrings that were hard to spot, and a small golden necklace with a small pendant on it. It was so simple, yet it looked so beautiful.

I stood again, and walked back to the mirror to take in the full look. It was breathtaking. Never in my life have I looked this good, this beautiful. Now I truly felt like a princess.

"We can't forget the most important thing about this outfit. The shoes," Jadyin said as she pulled out a pair of heals. Lucky for me they weren't tall. It's been a struggle in heals, but I can at least walk decently in small heals.

I slip them on. Now the outfit was complete. It was simple and elegant, and sure to catch the eye of on lookers.

"It's time to go downstairs. Sylvia has instructed that you meet in the hallway next to the stairs. She will guide you to where you need to be," Everly says.

I suck in a breath. I have to be on national television tonight. Shouldn't be too hard right?

"I just want to thank you for everything. This is just beautiful," I tell them.

"Well, you need to make a statement. That's the only way others will like you," Luna says.

I smile. "Well here goes nothing."

"You can do this Marissa. We know you can," Everly says.

With one more smile I leave my maids behind and enter the hallway. I'm the last one to gather. The hall goes dead silent when I come up to the group. They all stare. Some in awe, others in disgust. I stand there awkwardly as we wait. The only thing that happens is everyone staring at me as I stand there. Finally murmurs pick up, and conversations restart.

Liliana and Charlotte walk up to me. Liliana is wearing a black dress, and Charlotte a yellow one.

"So, is it true?" Charlotte whispers excitement dripping from every pore of her body.

"Is what true?" I ask with a slight laugh.

"Did Prince Nathan kiss you?" Liliana says with just as much excitement as Charlotte.

I tense. Who knew about that? Prince Ben probably told someone.

"It is true!" Charlotte whisper yells.

"Is that why everyone is staring at me? Because he kissed me?" I ask looking past the girls.

"Yes! You're the only one he's kissed! That and because your dress is absolutely stunning."

"Thank you so much. It was based off of one of my mother's old dresses from the Selection."

"It's beautiful," Liliana compliments.

I smile. "I still can't believe he actually kissed you!" Charlotte whisper yelled again.

"Who told you that happened?" I question.

Liliana and Charlotte look at each other. "Well-," Charlotte is cut off by Sylvia.

"Thank you ladies for being on time. Now if you will follow me, I will happily take you downstairs to where filming will be held," Sylvia says over the group.

I guess it'll have to wait until after the Report.