Chapter 42

~Nathan~

Marissa's scream filled my ears. I wanted the throw up. The worst part was that I couldn't do anything. The video kept playing. Marissa's screams still rang out.

The scream went on for what felt like hours. Then it finally died down, and what replaced it was her heartbeat. I looked at her body. It was limp. She was still breathing though.

Kriss and another person we're talking off screen. They were saying things that I couldn't hear. Then shouting. The guards were there.

"Increase it. Do it now. We don't have much time left," Kriss said.

A person came up to Marissa's IV and tampered with it. Marissa's heart rate increased drastically. Her chest rose and feel quickly. Then it just stopped. The heart monitor drones on. She was gone.

"No!" I heard America cry. She began to sob, and my father heals her.

"No," is all I muster out.

The door to the room Marissa was in broke open, and in walked Illéan guards. Then all chaos broke loose. A few grabbed Marissa, and got the IV out of her, the others began to grab Kriss. Then the camera went out. America continued to sob into my father. I stood and silently left the room.

I let my feet carry me somewhere. Then I collapsed, and broke into a sob. Then blacked out.