Chapter 26

~Marissa~

The plane I was on was getting ready to land. I still had conflicting feelings about what I read in that magazine. Did Nathan truly love her more? Did he ever love me at all?

I mentally hit myself for even thinking that. If he didn't care for me he wouldn't be as over protective of me. He wouldn't see me almost everyday. Right?

I step off of the plane, only to step right into a limo, and drive to the palace. May maids greet me at the palace doors, and take my luggage.

"Miss Marissa, we missed you very much. It was lonely without you in the palace," Luna says.

"Well I missed you three very much as well. I'm happy to say I'm glad to be back," I say with a smile.

We walk for a little bit before Luna turns to me. "Miss, I'm sure you want to catch up with the other girls. We will see you in your room before dinner tonight," she says.

They each leave with a courtesy, and I am left to roam the empty halls alone. Deciding to go to the Women's Room I round the corner, and what I see shocks me.

I find Nathan and that Mila girl kissing. I stayed tucked behind the corner and watch the scene. Mila is rubbing her hands up and down him, and Nathan seems to be enjoying himself. I catch glimpses of their conversation as they kiss.

"If you love me send all the others home Nathan," Mila says.

"Of course I will," he replies. A hand flies to my mouth to stifle a gasp. "It will only be you Mila."

Now I really am heartbroken. I take that chance to round the corner completely. I start to go by them when Nathan's eyes fly open. He pulls away, and looks at me dumbfounded.

"Marissa," he starts.

I give him a courtesy. "Prince Nathan," is all I say before I continue on.

"Marissa, wait!"

I pay him no attention, and begin to pick up my pace. I somehow make it to my room before he catches me. I look back only to find him not behind me anymore.

He loved me. Now he doesn't.