Chapter 29

~Marissa~~One Month Later~

One month ago Nathan had proved he loved me. Still I felt giddy about what our future was going to be. The Christmas Ball was coming up quickly, and twelve girls have gone home. Mila was still here though, and I could see that she thought that she had Nathan wrapped around her finger. If just a few more girls were gone he would have the Elite.

Nathan had explained to me why he couldn't just drop them all. He told me it would look bad, and everyone would be very upset. I don't blame him, but at the same time it feels like he only cares about the media.

I brush the thought aside, and begin to get back to work. The Selected were getting to help design dress ideas for their Christmas dresses. We were all downstairs in the sewing room sitting at a table. Milla was to one side, and a girl named Aurora was to the other. Milla kept moving her paper thinking that others were stealing her ideas. I glanced at looked at Aurora's. Without color it was still beautiful.

"Aurora, that looks amazing," I comment.

She smiles. "Thank you," she said.

We were the last two threes left in the competition. Charlotte and her got to be good friends while I was away, and I kinda latched onto her. She was super sweet, and kind. A good friend to have.

I continue on with my work. As I do, I begin to hear hushed voices. I glance up to find Layla, Juliana, and Aria whispering between each other. They were the last three twos. They have been trying to cause trouble, and trying to get one of us eliminated, but most of us are smart enough to not get tangled up with them.

One of them snickers, and the next thing I know my paper is ruined. One of the girls had knocked over their water. I look up to see it was Aria.

"Oops. I am so sorry Marissa," she said with fake attitude.

I give her a look that says I know you purposely did it, then I put on a smile, and say, "It's no problem. I didn't like that dress anyway. This will give me a fresh start to make it even better than it was before."

She shoots me a look, and I flash a smile back at her. I stand up to go throw away the drawing.

"I'm sorry miss. We can try to make it just as good as that one," a maid said.

I looked back down at the ruined drawing. It was a beautiful dress that was beginning to get color. I sighed. I was truly disappointed.

"It's not your fault, and I don't need this one redone. I can make another one. Maybe this one will be better," I say.

She takes the ruined paper, and hands me a new one. This time instead of sitting back down next to Aurora and Mila, I sit at the end. Away from everyone else. I look around for inspiration before finding this beautiful ice blue fabric.

The other girls were going bright and festive, I wanted to be different. Instead a beautiful navy blue dress, with white rienstones would be beautiful. The blue would be the dark night, and then the white diamonds would be the snow flakes falling. This idea was way better than my original idea.

I finish designing my dress just as everyone else finishes. I hand mine in face down so the others couldn't see it.

"I bet Marissa's dress won't be any good. Did you see how long it took her?" Layla said.

"And with only a few colors too," this time it was Juliana.

I look at them. They aren't looking at me, so they don't know that I'm listening in on them. I stand and begin to leave the room, walking past the trio.

"That is where you are wrong ladies. You don't have to be extravagant to be stunning," I say to them.

I make sure they are watching me on my way out. Something new was inside of me now. A part of me loved it, the other part hated it. I was in the crossroads. Choosing to use it when necessary, and to me, that was a necessary time to use it.