Chapter 43

~Nathan~

I was in my room, under the blankets. It's been about a day since we found Marissa. She was dead. I just knew it. My father had come in a few times. My grandmother also came. They would both just hold me, and comforted me. We hadn't heard from the guards since they were in stealth. My father expects them back today.

As I lay in my bed with the lights off, and under my covers I begin to hear a commotion outside of my door. I sit up a little, and just listen.

"Find the Prince immediately!" a voice shouted.

For a minute I thought the rebels where here. Then a maid burst through my door. "Your Highness. You are needed immediately in the infirmary," she says.

"What's going on?" I question.

The maid shrugged. "I don't know. All I know is that you are needed."

I get out of bed, and rush out of the room. The halls are a blaze with chaos. I push and shove my way downstairs. I finally made it to the infirmary to find America, and my father. Doctors were rushing to two different rooms.

I embrace my father quickly. "What's going on?" I question.

"She's back. We don't know much other than that," he says.

"Ben?"

"He's down here. They were both out when they first got here."

"Kriss?" I swallow a large lump in my throat.

"She's been taken care of. Don't worry about her Nathan."

I nod my head not completely convinced. Please let Marissa live.