Chapter 38

~Nathan~

I sat in a room with my father, and a few advisers. My mother was on the screen. It pained me to think of my mother anything like a mom. The horrible things she's done to this family. She gave birth to me, but is no longer my mother.

Marissa lay on the floor. Her dress was in ruins. Her wrists we cuffed, and chained to a wall. She had cuts all over her body, and bruises everywhere else. I could see that here wrists were cut, and bleeding badly. She was getting a black eye as well. The camera cut off at her waist, so nobody could see her legs.

My mother-Kriss- kicked her in the stomach with her shoe, and Marissa's eyes shot wide. Marissa tried to struggle in her chains to no prevail. Kriss pulled Marissa's hair, and yanked her into a standing position. She was leaning to one side meaning one of her legs was injured.

"Why don't you say hi to your prince?" Kriss said darkly to Marissa still holding onto her hair. Marissa just whimpered. "Now that's no way to great a royal. But soon enough it won't matter. Our original plan was to take both Marissa and her mother, but as you can see there's only one. Soon there will be two. Then there will be none. And Maxon dear, don't try to use the signal to find us. If you do, you won't find us."

Before the end of the video she throws Marissa down to the ground. Then a masked man comes and hits her in the head with the butt of a gun, and the screen goes dark.

"Get every available guard looking for her! Every computer searching for this signal! I want her found, immediately, I want my son found, and I want Kriss gone as well! This is treason!" my father shouted at the group. They scrambled for their belongings, and left the room without a second word.

"What if we don't find her?" I asked quietly.

"We will Nathan. We'll find Ben too," he said. I gave him a slight nod of my head. "Go get some rest." I gave him another nod, and left the room. Now it was time for the worst part. The wait.