Chapter 47

~Nathan~

It has been a few days since I was last in the infirmary. Still I visited her. Hoped that she could hear me talk to her. Hoped that she would wake, only to be disappointed. A lot has happened in the last few days. Ben was doing things more on his own now, but still in the infirmary, and Alisa was finally released to her room. Things were changing.

As I walked into her room again, I saw he same image. Marissa laying bruised and broken on the table.

We had found out that Marissa was injected a poison to run through her body slowly and painfully shutting down her body until it ultimately killed her. The doctors were able to flush it out, at great expense.

Marissa had also lost a lot of blood. The cuffs on her wrists were too tight, and were almost constantly bleeding we found out. She had many cuts on her arms and legs. Not to mention a very large gash that was on her stomach that had bled for a long time. Marissa had broken her right leg in two places, and had damaged her left knee terribly, that the doctors were surprised that she was able to stand. I'll never know the kind of torcher that she had endured.

I walked to the side of her bed, and grabbed her hand. She had bandages on her hands to cover her wrists to let the wounds there heal.

"Just another boring day Marissa," I start. I wait a moment. "Ben has been getting along better now. They took out his feeding tube this morning, and he's eating on his own now."

Kriss had starved him, and the doctors put him on a feeding tube to make up for the nutrients, and food he had missed the last few years. He still had his IV, and has to occasionally wear a ventilator. Mainly when he sleeps. They have discovered nothing else wrong with him, but they were doing these things to be safe.

"Alisa is constantly asking about you. She had really started to like you. Your mother and my father have been getting close together. They're afraid that if they marry, then we can't marry. Figuring out a solution to that has kept them busy, and their minds off of you being down here," I continue.

I sit there for a while. Marissa's heart beat fills the silence. Her chest rises and falls to a steady rhythm. Even with all of her scars, and bruises she looks peaceful and calm.

An advisor walks into the room disturbing my peace with Marissa.

"Excuse me sir, but your presence is required immediately," he says.

"By whom?" I question.

"Your father."

I sigh. "Go ahead, and tell him I will be there shortly. Just let me finish up."

"Yes Your Highness."

He bows and leaves the room. I turn back to Marissa.

"Duty calls I guess," I say. "I really miss you. Please come back soon Marissa. I love you so much."

I kiss her forehead, and then leave the room.