Chapter 32

~Marissa~

The dress was stunning. We had sewed together the tears, then added more diamonds to cover the stitching. We also added more underneath the skirt. It truly looked even more beautiful than it was before.

We had snuck our back up to my room, and got me in the dress. We fixed my hair, and makeup, and by that time it was time to go down to the ball room. I just have to wait until Sylvia came to get me.

I was so anxious. I was ready for this ball to begin. Suddenly a knock came at my door. Luna moves to open it, and on the other side is Sylvia.

"Miss Marissa, are you ready?" Sylvia asks.

Sylvia is dressed very nicely. The nicest I've seen her dressed. "Yes. I'm ready," I respond.

She leads me out of my bedroom. I look back at my maids , and they give me a huge smile. I close my door, and follow Sylvia down the hall.

"Now you are the last girl to enter the room. Everybody else is already in the room. Everybody will be watching you. Good luck," Sylvia says. She slips into the room.

Next thing I know I hear, "Lastly we introduce Miss Marissa Singer!"

The doors open, and I'm blinded by the sudden change in light. As my eyes focus I take in the surroundings. Everything is so beautiful. I make my way down the stairs only to see my family in front of me. I smile widely. They all wrap me in a hug. I don't care about anything else. My family is here, and that's all that matters.

Music begins to play, and I pull away from my family. I wipe away tears that were beginning to form. I find my mother, and give her a hug.

"Mom, you're here!" I exclaim.

She gives me a teary eyed smile. "I wouldn't have missed this for the world," she says cupping my cheek. She then kisses my forehead.

"What about me?" I hear Lucas say. I turn towards him. "Hey Mars." My time in the Selection had made me forget the nickname he gave me.

I hug him tightly. I open my eyes to see Nathan smiling, and making his way over to us. I slowly let go of Lucas to face him.

"Marissa I see you have found your family," Nathan says with a smile.

I return his smile. "Thank you," I reply. "Um, this is my family. This is my mom America, my twin brother Lucas, my aunt and uncle May and Gerad, and my grandma Magda."

"Ms Singer it is nice to see that you have recovered. I am terribly sorry for what happened, and I hope that having Marissa home for a few days helped," Nathan said to my mother.

I looked past Nathan to see King Maxon smiling in our direction. "I can never thank you enough for that. It did help tremendously. Thank you. Thank you also for opening up your home to us," my mom replies.

"You must be Lucas. I hear that you and Marissa are close. May I also say that your performance in the ballet a few months ago was amazing," Nathan tells Lucas.

"Thank you," he says shaking Nathan's hand.

Moving to Aunt May, Uncle Gerad, and Grandma he says, "I had no idea that Marissa was close to her other relatives."

"Your Highness. We only live a few minutes away, and we're here for support. We had asked if we were able to come along. We'd feel awful if it was just those two," Grandma explains.

"Well I'm glad that you guys have a good bond with each other. Now if you don't mind, Marissa would you care to dance?"

I blush. "Of course," I respond. I take his arm, and leads me out to the floor.

After a few minutes he leans into me. "I'm going to do it tonight," he whispers so only the two of us can hear.

"What?" I question.

"I'm going to propose tonight. Don't tell anyone, and act very surprised when I ask you." I can tell he's smiling.

"What's this about a proposal? I wonder who it could be Prince Nathan," I tease with a giggle. 

I can hear him give a light hearted laugh too. We turn around so I can see my family. There next to my mom was King Maxon.