Chapter 27

~Nathan~

I really messed up. Marissa must've seen more than what I thought she saw. Truth was I didn't even know Mila was there in the hall.

I was going down to welcome Marissa back to the palace when Mila stopped me in the hall. We began to talk, then she kissed me, and wouldn't stop. Then I zoned out. I probably said stuff I'm ashamed of. I wanted to run after Marissa, but Mila stopped me.

I have no idea what's been happening. I haven't been feeling well, and I had a feeling that with Marissa being gone had factored into that.

After I escaped Mila I decided to let Marissa calm down, so I decided to pay Alison a visit. She was still in the Infirmary. The doctors were also saying she was getting worse, and not better.

Walking down this hall seemed to take forever. It seemed as if everything happy, and cheery had been removed from this hall way just to make it dreary.

I walk in, and go right to Alison's room. She's asleep on her bed, but I sit down anyway. I take her hand, and just hold it. The longer I sit, the more dread sets in. Something isn't right about this. About Alison still in the Infirmary. Something pungent begins to pierce the air. It's not smoke, or anything too life threatening, but something just smells different in this room. I sniff a little to locate the smell, and discover that it's coming from Alison's bedside table, but the only thing there is a bottle of pills.

The lid on the pills was open, leaving in there about five white pills. Cautiously, I pick up the bottle, and sniff it. It automatically makes me gag, and I have to hold it away from me. Medicine shouldn't smell like this. Taking the bottle, I leave Alison's room.

I find the closest nurse. "Excuse me," I say.

She twists, and gets into a courtesy. "Yes, Your Highness?" she asks.

"I was visiting my sister down here when something began to smell funny. I do believe it was her medication. May I ask you is this what it's supposed to smell like?"

I hand her the bottle, and she too sniffs it. "You're right Your Highness. This is the wrong medication. We will get her the right medication, and see what this is."

"Thank you. But may I ask you a favor. When Alison is to take the medicine can a nurse or doctor bring it in. I have a feeling someone was trying to get rid of my sister."

"I doubt someone is trying to kill your sister. Security down here is very tight for good reason, but we will make sure she is getting the right medication."

"Thank you."

The nurse leaves with another courtesy. I go back to Alison's room, and sit back down next to her. Taking her hand I begin to talk to her. Telling her that I really messed up with Marissa. That I wish that she was better to really meet the girls. Alison would love Marissa. They are very similar. I finish my visit with Alison with a kiss on her hand, and me saying, "We'll get you better soon Alison. We'll figure out if someone has been trying to take us down from the inside."

I let go of her hand, and leave her room. It's time for me to explain everything to Marissa.