Epilogue

~Marissa~~Five Years Later~

It was finally happening. I wanted to vomit just thinking about it. My recovery was very long, and very hard, but we made it through. I had to relearn how to walk, and write. There were days that I wanted to give up. Where I didn't want to do anything because I knew it was going to fail. But he was always there to pick me up. Sometimes quite literally.

Now after everything we've been through, there was only a door separating us.

My brother Lucas stood next to me. Today was it. Today was the day. There was no going back now.

"Are you ready?" Lucas asked giving me a smile.

I looked up to him. Even in heals he was still taller than me, but only slightly. "I'm ready as I'll ever be," I reply.

"You'll be fine."

I gave him one last smile. I heard the music begin to play. The doors opened, and there he was. Nathan was standing at the alter with a huge grin on his face. I returned the grin, with one of my own.

Nathan walked me down the aisle. Charlotte had returned to the palace, and was one of my bridesmaids. My friends from Carolina were also here. It made me happy to know that even in Angeles, at a royal wedding, that they were here.

We finally made it up to the alter, and Nathan handed me off.

"Take care of her, or else," Lucas said with a small smile.

"Don't worry. I will," Nathan replied.

I rolled my eyes slightly at Lucas, and he found his seat next to my mother, and Maxon. They were both smiling widely. Maxon had his arm around my mom's shoulders. They looked happy.

I turned back towards Nathan, and the ceremony begun.

I honestly don't remember much until the end. Nathan ran his lips into mine, and we kissed. And for once in my life it was just me and him. No one else could pull us apart.