Part 1~ Disappointment

"CORI!"

I jumped a little in response, "holy shit Lina, why are you yelling?! You're sitting right next to me!"

Lina, my only friend since I moved here three months ago, stared down at her phone, gaping.

I frowned, "what's up?"

Her face was ashen and she looked away from her phone, up at me. What could be so distressing that it has her this--

"Youdidntgetthepart," she speaks quickly, but I can comprehend it. 

My heart falls. I didn't get it? The role I had been working my ass off for months, the part I had dreamed of for years... I didn't get it? 

"How, um- how do you know?" I attempt to fight off the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes.

She handed me her hone and I snatch it off of her, much harsher than I intend to. I look down to see Marvel's Instagram page. It shows a photo of the Spider-Man himself, Tom Holland, in his Spider-Man suit. He's lifting a girl into the air. But not just any girl... it's his girlfriend, Winnie Sanderson. His smile is as bright as the sun and her's is spread across her whole face, her blonde hair flowing gracefully behind her. 

The caption read say hello to Spider-Man and our brand new Spider-Gwen! Out of everyone I could have lost to, I lost to the bitch of the acting industry. I stare at the picture for a while, still trying to process the fact I didn't get my career boosting role. The role that would kick start my whole life. I have been in such a daze, I don't even realize when the tears begin to slide down my cheeks.

"Cori, don't cry. It's not the end of the world, you'll still have plenty of--"

"--Lina. Don't. You know as well as I do that this role was rigged. I left my family, my perfect career, my perfect life for this job. And I didn't get it! All because of Tom freaking Holland who probably pulled the strings just so that his girlfriend could get the job! What the hell am I supposed to do?" I sob. 

Lina sighs deeply and places her hands on my shoulders, "look, I really thought you were going to get the role. And clearly you did too, but don't let this stop you. You have thousands of followers on Instagram. Fans who admire your makeup talent! Now is the chance to use your backup career! Any company who hires you would be lucky!"

I bite my lip and nod solemnly. 

**ONE HOUR LATER**

I unlock the door to the apartment and take a deep breath as I walk in. Xavier sits at the dining table counting hundred dollar bills.

"What's this?" I ask, setting my bag down on the table. 

He shoves the notes into his pocket, "ummm, nothing."

I giggle and take a seat at the table, "whatever you say, babe."

He blushes scarlet and looks at the ground, "so I heard."

I follow suit and stare down at my feet.

"I'm sorry, you really deserved it. Marvel is stupid, you see why I like DC better now?" he places his hands on top of mine and rubs them soothingly. 

"Yeah, well now all there's left to do is job hunting."

He rises from his seat and plants a kiss on my head, "you'll find one soon. Soon enough that you'll be able to pay me rent."

He leaves the table and leaves me confused.

"Wait, Xav," I follow after him, "since when am I paying rent?"

He chuckles, also clearly confused, "Cor, you live here, eat here, sleep here... you should be paying me rent."

"But I'm your girlfriend," I laugh in an attempt to ease the tension.

"And this is my apartment."

I stand there speechless, "you've got thousands of dollars in cash in your pocket right now and you're asking me to pay you more."

He takes a large, intimidating step towards me. I immediately stumble backwards.

"I am the rock of this relationship, you understand? I'm out there working a paying job while you go around doing some hobbies," he spits.

"It's not a hobby, Xavier! It's about to become a job and I love it and if you have a problem with it, why haven't you kicked me out yet?!" my voice raises and I catch a glimpse of his hand beginning to make a fist.

"Are you suggesting you won't pay?" his fist is so tight now, his knuckles begin to turn white.

This has happened before and it was a terrifying experience. I am not planning on reliving it. My heart begins to race.

"No," I gulp.

"Good," Xavier forces a smile and walks back into our room, leaving me there astounded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I wrote this story on my fan account on Instagram- @tomtotheholland and my friend recommended I bring it to Wattpad!

I'm sorry that these parts are so short, I had to fit it on Instagram so I mean... 

Hope you enjoy and if you're a second time reader, hope you enjoy Tom and Corinna's story again <3