Part 14~ The Photo

"You guys ready to go?" Harrison asks.

I have come out of the shower now and tied my hair into a low ponytail and am wearing the laziest outfit in the world, consisting of a pair of black Nike sweatpants and an orange jumper.

"Sure," I say.

We head out into Tom's Audi and I stay quiet in the car as Haz and Tom jam out to some songs. I'm not in the mood to talk, especially after last night. We arrive at the mall and I follow the guys into what seems to be the most expensive men's store in the whole mall.

"So Haz, you wont pay five dollars for a game at a carnival, but you'll pay thousands of dollars on a suit. I fail to see the logic in that," Tom says with a smirk.

He rolls his eyes and fails to retort to his comment. I snicker. I shove my hands in my pockets and follow the guys around the store, not sure what exactly to do. Both of the guys pull out a bunch of button-down shirts and suit jackets and examine them thoroughly, shaking their heads and then nodding eagerly. In my opinion, they all looked the same.

"We're going to try these on if you just want to wait outside, Cor," Haz suggests.

I shrug, "I'll just wait here."

They both nod and disappear into the stalls. I stand outside of the stalls, awkwardly checking myself out in the mirror. The retail worker smiles at me from behind the counter and I nervously smile back.

"You dating him?" he asks causally.

"No. No way. We're just friends," I scoff, "why do you think that?"

"I've just seen things..." he shrugs.

Confusion rocks my body. What the Hell does he mean?I shake my head and pull out my phone, deciding to scroll through my Instagram. I had only a few thousand followers, but my phone has blown up with hundreds of thousands of comments and likes and thousands of messages. I stare at my phone in confusion, ready to look though some of these messages when Tom steps out of the change rooms wearing a white button down with black slacks. As he walks out, he looks at himself in the mirror and adjusts his sleeves.

He walks towards me and twirls around, "what do you think?"

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. He looks amazing in this outfit and I needn't say anymore. I can see how perfect he'd look going on a date like this.

"This is the one," I say confidently.

"You've only seen two out of five," he laughs, "how can you tell?"

I smile briefly, "I just can."

He takes one last glance into the mirror and smiles at his reflection, "looks like it'll be this one then."

My insides erupt with happiness as he says this. He really believes in what I say. Haz ends up buying something as well. I can't remember what it is, my mind still stuck on Tom's outfit and how perfect it had looked.

We leave the store and begin to wander around again. I remember that I don't actually need anything. I just came for the sake of it. I smile to myself. Then my smile falters. What am I doing? I literally had the worst breakup just last night and I'm getting butterflies because of another guy. I found some new leads in Dean's death and I just decided to go shopping.

"What should we do for lunch?" Haz asks.

"We can always just get burgers or something," Tom says, "what's the best burger place here?"

"Let's just go to the food court and we'll find something then, I guess."

We walk to the food court and stand in the middle, trying to process all of the stores. Two young girls stand a few meters away from us, staring at us in awe.

"I think you got a few fans," Haz nudges Tom.

Tom grins towards the girls and they excitedly walk over.

"You're Tom Holland! Can we please have a photo?" one of them asks enthusiastically.

"Hey darling. Of course! Corinna, can you take—"

"No we want her in the photo too," the other one interrupts.

"Me?" I ask, an eyebrow raised, "why?"

The girls give eachother a look, "aren't you dating?"

I choke on air.

"Why on earth do you think that?!" Haz's eyes bulge out of his head while Tom and I exchange nervous glances.

The girls are now very nervous, "haven't you seen the leaked photos?"

As we all shake our heads, one of the girls pulls out her phone and shows us a news article with a photo taking up most of the page.

A photo. 

Of Tom. 

Tom and I. 

Tom and I holding hands. 

Tom and I holding hands at the carnival. 

Tom and I looking like we are young and in love.

"Shit," we both mutter.

As if I needed anymore on my plate.