Part 12~ Alone

Tom leads me to the couch and brings my bags in for me. I wipe away at my face frantically and inhale sharply when I wipe at where Xavier had struck me. 

He hears me wince and runs over immediately, sitting next to me, "so what happened? Are you okay?" 

"Clearly, I am not," I laugh between my sobs, "I just needed someone for a little bit. I'll leave in half an hour or so and crash at a hotel." 

Tom raises his eyebrow, "you really think I'm going to let you leave like this?" 

"Well I am not going to be a burden on you and Haz," I say, "where is he anyways?" 

"He's asleep, but don't change the topic! You stay here for as long as you need, at least for a few nights until you find an apartment or something," he insists. 

"No, I couldn't," I gulp. 

I would stay, but I feel super guilty for bombarding on them like this. 

"Please," he pouts, "for me?" 

I giggle and he grins, satisfied, "atta girl, don't cry. You look good smiling." 

I look at him, mouth open. Tom Holland just said I look good.I rub my hand softly on my cheek, where the pain has returned and where it's probably red. Tom instantly notices and pulls my wrist away from my face gently. He runs his fingers over it and I feel heat rising to my cheeks.

"Did—" Tom swallows, "did someone hurt you?"

I snap into reality and begin to panic, "oh god no, um, no! I'm just a klutz and I um yeah, I bumped into a wall."

"You bumped into a wall?" a playful smirk grows on his face.

"Yeah... a very, very strong wall," I nod.

He nods understandingly and sighs, "so do you at least want to tell me why you were crying?"

I bite my lip and look away from him as tears begin to form in my eyes again.

"Hey, please don't cry," Tom pleads.

But I can't help it as the tears start to roll down my cheeks again. 

Every memory with Dean comes back and then I think about Xavier, who I thought loved me, threatened me and blackmailed Dean and turned his life into a living nightmare because of me. My whole body feels heavier and Tom wraps his arms around me again and I lean into him, just needing his support.

"I'm such a mess," I groan into his arm.

He chuckles, "just a tad."

I slap him playfully and bite the insides of my cheek.

"My boyfr- ex-boyfriend is such an asshole," I shake my head and sniffle, "I thought I loved him and he loved me. I was so shallow that I thought that even though he was an asshole, that was enough."

The room is so silent, I hear Tom gulp.

"Sometimes love can conquer," he says, but he says it almost... hopefully. 

I chuckle, "no. That is the shittiest quote and Tom Holland, let me tell you, do not live by it." 

He opens his mouth to speak but immediately clamps it shut. I yawn, exhausted from one of the most eventful days in my life.

"We should get you to bed," he says.I nod, "sure."

He picks up my bags and follows me up his stairs, directing me through to the guest bedroom.

"My bedroom is right next door so I'll be there if you need anything. Harrison is across the hall."I nod and sink into the bed.

Tom shuts the door a little and turns around to leave, but I stop him, "Tom?"

He turns back around immediately.

"Thank you. For everything."

He smiles firmly, "you'd do the same for me."

As I lay down and contemplate all of my life choices, I realize that yes, I would do the same for him. He, who was my mortal enemy a few days back. Despite everything that has happened, I fall asleep with a smile on my face. 

**TOM'S POV**

As I shut the door to Corinna's bedroom, I sigh heavily and walk slowly to mine. Everything she had said about the love her ex and her had not being enough made me rethink my whole relationship with Winnie. Does she really love me as much as I love her? Do I even love her as much as I think I do? I sit on the edge of my bed and bury my face in my hands. 

This is Corinna's dilemma and I'm making it all about me. I frown. Then a smile dances on my face as I come upon a realization. 

She doesn't hate me

She wouldn't have stayed if she did and Hell, if she did, she wouldn't have come here in the first place. She knew the chances of me opening the door for her was the same as Harrison. She knew it. She let me hug her. If she hated me, she wouldn't have let me do that. Right? 

I let myself fall onto my back and I fall asleep smiling.