Part 24~ Pouring Rain

**TOM'S POV**
I stand there, gaping, looking at the door where she left. I collapse onto the couch and cover my face with my hands. Why did I have to open my goddamn mouth?

Haz comes back from the bathroom and sits next to me, putting his hand on my shoulder sympathetically, "I'm sorry, man."

I don't say anything. 

**CORINNA'S POV**

"Dinner or movie first?" Andrew asks.

"Hm?" I was daydreaming again.

Andrew chuckles, "dinner or movie. Which one first?"

"Oh I'm not fussed," I say quickly and go back to daydreaming.

"Dinner it is then," he murmurs.

We go to the restaurant and I just have a bowl of Napoletana pasta and a glass of red wine. Andrew orders the same. From opening the door to me, to pulling out my chair, Andrew is a gentleman all night. It's a shame I couldn't focus. Was I too harsh on Tom? How do I feel about him? What's going to happen between us now? Is there any way to make it not awkward?

"Cori?" Andrew asks, snapping me back into reality.

"What?"

Andrew frowns, "are you okay? You've been in like another world all night and you've barely touched your plate."

As I look down at his plate, then at mine, I realize he's right. He's finished and my plate is still full.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling well," I smile.

"Do you want to go back?" his face drops.

I reassure him, "no, no, no, it's fine. I think I'll be okay at the movies."

He nods, pays the bill and we head on out to the movies.

"Hey, which movie do you want to watch?" he asks.

I take this moment to check him out- he wears a short sleeve navy blue button-down shirt with jeans. When I see the shirt, I can't help but think of Tom. I shake my head to try and get him out of my head.

"Let's watch... um... I dunno, Infinity War!" as soon as I say it, I regret it.

"Infinity War," he repeats, "that came out months ago. Haven't you seen it?"

"I have," I say, "I just want to re-watch it."

Why aren't I changing the movie?!

He puts his hands up in defeat, "Infinity War it is."

Nice one, Cor...

He pays for our tickets and buys one large popcorn and one large drink. We head into the cinema and he leads us to the very back- where all the couples make out. My heart rate quickens and not in a good way.

Considering it's been months since it came out, it's only us and one other group of friends in the cinema when the commercials start. Halfway through the commercials however, a couple consisting of a blonde and a man walk in. The blonde looks mighty familiar...

I squint my eyes and whisper aloud, "Holy shit, is that Winnie?!"

Andrew has a look and nearly spits out the drink, "oh my god it is!"

"Who's that guy she's with? He looks a lot older than her," I say.

He snickers, "he's her sugar daddy."

We both laugh and I continue making fun of her, "did she really come to a movie her ex is starred in?"

He snorts in response.

The movie starts and Tom instantly comes back into my mind. I zone out, continuing to think about what he had said and what I should've said. And coincidentally, when I snap back into reality, it's scene with Spider-Man.

"Mr. Stark, it smells like a new car in here!" Peter says and I howl with laughter.

"It wasn't even that funny," Andrew whispers.

"Yes it was!" I say.

Okay maybe it wasn't, but maybe just because it was Tom it's funnier? Even just his voice makes my heart skip a beat. Xavier never made my heart skip a beat. And despite how nice he is, Andrew doesn't do that to me either. It's then that I realize where my heart lies.

"What am I doing?" I whisper to myself.

I stand up as Andrew whisper-yells, "where are you going?!"

Tears flood my eyes, "I'm sorry, but I gotta go."

He chuckles harshly, "let me guess, going to Holland?"

When I don't speak, he continues, "it's always him. First Winnie and now you. You know, I don't see—"

"— don't you dare talk about him," I yell, the few people in the room looking towards me, "excuse me."

I leave so quickly I don't even ask him about him and Winnie. Winnie's eyes meet mine for a moment and she immediately turns back around, ashamed.

I storm out of the cinema and realize it's pouring down. It's only a 10 minute walk from here back to the apartment.

"Screw this," I say, sliding off my heels and running into the rain.

Let's go get him.

**TOM'S POV**
"I'm going after her," I declare, standing up.

Haz chokes on air, "Tom, for starters, it's raining cats and dogs out there! And secondly, she's on a date. You need to get over it."

I smile at him mischievously and grab a pair of sneakers, "I would move mountains for her, Haz. I need to go after her because it's now or never."

Haz moans, "if you stuff this up and make it awkward between the two of you so not all of us can hang out anymore, I will hate you."

I shrug and run out into the rain.

Let's go get her. 

**CORINNA'S POV**

I don't know how long I've been running for, but I've been running and rehearsing what I'll say to Tom when I see him. I realize that I'm only a block away from the apartment. 

**TOM'S POV**

I haven't even run a block yet! Shit, what if I'm too late? 

**CORINNA'S POV**

I turn the corner too quickly and run into a man. We both stumble, but neither of us fall. We both begin apologizing to eachother and I instantly recognize his voice. My head snaps up to him and our eyes meet.

"Tom, I—"

He shakes his head and cuts in, "—don't say anything."

He holds my face in his hands and I wrap my arms around his neck as we slam our lips onto eachother's.

Somehow, in this pouring rain, we've found safety, comfort and romance.

Somehow, in this pouring rain, we've found eachother.