Part 42~ Everything Has Changed

**TRIGGER WARNING**

"Rina, where are you going?" Tom calls out from behind me.

I turn around, "I need to go somewhere. I'll meet you guys back home!"

And with that, I turn and run to a cab. I quickly tell him Xavier's address and we go. Everything hits me like a bus.

He raped me. That pig raped me. My vision blurs up and I start to shake. I feel so dirty and that no amount of washing will cleanse it. What on earth am I going to say to him?
I stare out of the window and can't help but regret not telling Tom. Right now, all I want is him. I want him to hug me and tell me everything is okay. But I didn't. I didn't tell him. And now nothing is okay. I have to do this on my own.

I gulp and tremble. The cab driver stares at me from the rear view mirror but doesn't question it.

We arrive and I hand him some cash, "thank you and keep the change."

I'm ready to jump out of the car and do anything considered drastic but in that instant, the driver says, "wait."

I look towards him, "did I give the wrong amount? Here let me get more."

"No, you gave me enough," he smiles and it stops me from pulling out my wallet, "I've had my share of traumatic experiences, so I just wanted to say that everything will be okay."

I wasn't expecting this. I genuinely smile at him and hop out of the car without saying a word.
How pathetic am I? A stranger had to comfort me, I'm that much of a mess. I stop outside the door of the apartment complex and hesitate before taking the handle and bursting in. I take the stairs to his room, the rage inside of me giving me an adrenaline rush. I don't even knock. I slam open the door and there he is. Watching TV as if he did nothing wrong.

"What are you doing here?!" he scowls.

I stand at the doorway, gaping, "you're a monster..."

"I've been told," he says smugly, "what did I do?"

"What did you do?!" I scoff, "you... you..."

Tears slide down my cheeks and I look away from him. My trembling is uncontrollable.

He knows he's broken me and he grins evilly, "what did I do?"

I gulp and clench my fists.

"What did I do, Corinna?" he's taunting me now, "what. Did. I. Do?"

"You raped me!" I spit as tears flow down angrily from my cheeks.

He clicks his tongue and raises an eyebrow, "you know you wanted it."

"Then how come I don't remember it?!" I hiss, "and now Dean killed himself over it!"

He tuts, "you know, Dean isn't so innocent himself. He didn't go to the cops, did he?"

"Don't put this on him!" I fire back.

"Corinna, the man killed himself. He was an accessory to this. He could've stopped it and he didn't. He would've been jailed as an accessory to sexual abuse," Xavier smiles and enunciates each word.

I snarl, "stop."

"You were drunk. You passed out. I took you to our room," he advances towards me and I stumble backwards, "I ran my hand down your thigh and kissed your neck. You didn't know what was happening. You were so beautiful, I couldn't resist."

I snap, "it won't be worth it when you're rotting in prison!"

"Oh, darling. I won't be going to prison. You want to know why?" he pushes me against the wall and grabs my wrists, "because I will hurt that precious boyfriend of your's. Tom, is it?"
My heart stops. He's threatening to kill Tom. He's not serious... is he? My chest feels heavy.

"No. Not Tom. He isn't involved in this!" I shriek.

He runs his fingers down my arm and smiles, "then you?"

My breathing is wavered. This is it. He's going to kill me. I didn't even get to say goodbye to Tom.

"I dare you," I slap his face and he stumbles in shock.

I try to escape the door but he pushes me against the wall again. I hear footsteps in the hallway. I open my mouth to scream for help, but Xavier catches me by surprise and plants his lips on mine. After a second of it, I register what has just happened. I shove him off of me just as someone enters the room.

"What the Hell?!" Tom shouts.

Tom storms out and I stare at Xavier in disbelief.

"You son of a bitch," I hiss and I run out after Tom, "Tom! Wait! Please!"

He doesn't listen. Instead, he picks up his pace. He steps into the elevator and I try to make it. But the doors shut before I can. I take the stairs, two at a time, and nearly fall several times. When I make it to the bottom, he's walking out the door.

"Tom!" I call out desperately.

He opens his car and I slide into the passenger seat.

"Get out," he growls.

"No," I say firmly.

He looks at my face, at my tears and he shakes his head and starts to drive.

"I didn't kiss him, Tom!" I cry out.

He laughs harshly, "let me guess, he kissed you?"

My jaw drops, "you have to trust me, Tom."

"Trust you?!" he shouts, "why the hell were you at his apartment, Rina?!"

He catches me off guard. He's never yelled at me before. I've never seen him so angry...

"I had to... talk to him about something and I—"

He cuts me off, "oh yeah, I saw plenty of talking. Why didn't you tell me you were going there?!"

"Because I had to handle it myself! You don't understand!" I'm desperate now.

"So make me understand! Make me understand why you were at his apartment. Make me understand why you didn't tell me. Make me understand why I walk in on the two of you kissing!"

I exhale sharply and turn away from him. He doesn't trust me. Why doesn't he trust me?

My voice breaks as I whisper, "I would never do anything to hurt you."

**TOM'S POV**

Hearing Rina talk so... heart-broken, tears me apart. I know she would never hurt me and I would never hurt her. But I just did. I'm implying I don't trust her. I do, of course I do. But I'm just taking out my anger on her. She doesn't deserve it. But I have.

"It's him who would..." I mutter.

"I would tell you, but I can't. Not just for you, but for myself. I can't process it, Tom. It's going to eat me alive," her voice wavers.

I don't push the subject. I'm an idiot.

**CORINNA'S POV**

"Tom, I..." I gulp, it's now or never, "I love you."

He glances at me incredulously. His eyes sparkle.

"I..." he says, but he's interrupted. A pair of beaming lights appear next to me.

"Rina, no!" Tom shouts.

I take one quick glance at him and then turn to the car, merely inches from hitting me. Behind the wheel, lo and behold, is Xavier. His eyes are wide. He didn't want to hit me. He wanted to hit Tom. But it's too late. Following a large crashing sound, everything goes pitch black.