Part 44~ Want You Back

Scar and dad go back to Australia. Scarlet has school and there's no point in their staying here. Mum decides to stay for a few days. I've checked into a hotel and mum's in the shower. I dial Zendaya's number.

"Cor?" Zen picks up, "what happened with you and Tom?!"

I wince, "I don't want to talk about it. But I need you to do me a favor."

"Anything you need girl," she says.

I sigh deeply, "I need you to pick up my stuff from Tom's place. Get Jacque to help you if you need. I'll text you the address of the hotel I'm at."

"Yeah, of course."

"Thank you," I hang up before I break down.

My mother is finished with her shower and she walks out and sits next to me on the bed. She looks tired.

"Corinna, what was in the letter?" she asks slowly.

I gulp and shake my head, "ma, I can't."

"Please?" she puts her hand on top of mine, "please."

I get lost in her comfort for a moment. But it breaks and I stand up.

"I can't! I just... it's too difficult," I wrap my arms around myself.

She nods sadly. I feel so guilty.

"I'm going home tonight," she whispers.

I blink away tears, "okay."

"I should get going to the airport," she stands up, "if you need—"

I interrupt her by giving her a hug. She flinches for a moment but instantly gives in. She hugs me back. I wish we had more mother-daughter moments like this. But this is rare and I love it. A tear slides down my cheek.

We pull apart and I see one on her's as well. She smiles sympathetically and without another word, leaves the apartment.

I collapse onto the edge of my bed and sigh. My mum's gone. Tom's gone. I'm gone. There's a knock at the door and I nearly trip over, running there. I'm relieved to see not one, not two, but three familiar faces: Zen, Jacque and... Andrew? They were all holding boxes of things.

Zen drops a box and throws her arms around my neck. I wrap mine around her and try so hard not to cry.

"What happened?" she whispers.

I bite my lip and force back tears as Jacque looks at me sadly.

"Cor, he was... broken," Jacque says.

I break away from Z and intertwine my fingers. I look towards Andrew who's once stone-cold complexion is now warm and sympathetic.

"I'm sorry," my voice is shaky.

He shakes his head, "don't be. I'm with—"

Z cuts him a cold look which makes him stop mid-sentence.

"Guys, don't leave me out just because I'm going through stuff. Who are you with?" I smile slightly towards Andrew who runs a hand through his hair.

He looks at Z and she turns her head away from him.

"You two?!" I gasp, "I never saw that coming!"

"Me neither, but I couldn't help myself. He was perfect for me," she blushes.

My face falls, "right. Perfect for you."

Jacque grows a concerned expression and speeds over to me, hugging me. I sob into his shoulder and he leads me to the couch.

I sigh shakily and Z sits on the other side of me. I sit between them as they exchange worried glances and I let all my pain flood away through my tears.

An hour passes and Andrew appears in front of me with a tub of ice-cream. I wave it away with my hand and he doesn't push it.

I don't want anything.

I don't want anything but to be in his arms with him telling me it's all okay.