Part 47~ The Premiere

I stare at myself in the full-length mirror and exhale. I'm in my dress for the premiere. The dress is burgundy and flows to my knees. The top part above my chest is embroidered intricately with flowers.

My makeup, done and my hair, styled. I look decent, but I wasn't in the mood to go to a premiere or to party or to get dressed. I didn't hire a hair stylist or makeup artist or driver or anything. I just want to get it over and done with- with minimal effort.

I really wish he was here, with me. It doesn't feel right to dress up this much without him. Jacque appears next to me and stares in to the mirror at me.

He whistles, "you look so pretty."

"I feel pretty," I whisper.

"Corinna, if i wasn't gay, I'd totally tap you right now," he smiles.

"Not helping!" I roll my eyes but then my face falls.

He notices, "I know you miss him. But he's with Winnie now and you have to be strong tonight, yeah?"

I gulp and bite the insides of my cheeks. Strong. Right. I simply nod and he pats my back and leaves me alone in my room. I ensured that I used only waterproof mascara and eyeliner because who knows how much I would cry?

My eyes dart to my bedside table, where the tickets to the concert are. This is scheduled for tomorrow. Tomorrow. Tom and I would've been packing to go to France, to see Kendrick Lamar. But no.

I inhale sharply, pick up my clutch and head to the front door.

I make sure to avoid and narrowly dodge the obstacles in my path on the way. My make-shift apartment is a mess. Everything is littered everywhere and if someone entered now, they would never ever assume I am famous. I slowly walk to the door where Jacque stands looking very dapper in his attire.

"Jacque, what if I just don't go to the premiere?" I ask hopefully.

He sighs in frustration, "Corinna Bianco. You are not wagging your own premiere. I know you miss Tom and you don't want things to be awkward. I even understand that you want to stay on the down low. But please, for your sake, do not miss the premiere for the biggest movie of your career."

I puff and despite all the anxiety I'm feeling, deep down I know he's right. I force a nod and we take the elevator down and step into his car. He puts some up-beat songs to try and get me in the mood, but it doesn't help. I'm going to see Tom.

I'm going to see the face of the man who's heart I broke, and my heart in the process.
My eyes stay locked on a spot on the dashboard the whole trip and I fidget my hands around. My mind is somewhere else. When I snap out of it, there are security guards outside of my door. I look around frantically and see large crowds of people around.

"You ready?" Jacque gives me a reassuring smile.

I force one back, "not really."

Security opens the door for me before I can say anything else and I hesitate before stepping out. The crowd hollers and cheers as I step out. I press my lips together and wave. Jacque drives the car off to find a place to put it. I'm all by myself now.

I step onto the red carpet and slowly proceed. My heart pounds against my chest and I feel myself tremble even though it isn't cold. A familiar face warms me up a little bit.

"Corinna," Zendaya says, running to me.

I breathe a sigh of relief and I run to her and to my surprise, she hugs me. I hug her back with no regrets. Cameras flash and more cheers come from the crowd.