Part 30~ The After Party

Tonight is the night of the after party and I'm rummaging through my closet again. This time, I don't need Tom's opinion. I grab one of the few dresses I brought just for occasions like this. It's loose and goes down to my knees. Covering the black background are flowers in pale yellows, pinks and reds. 

I step into it and slip my arms in. I like the way the dress feels when I put it on. I look at my reflection in the mirror and put my hands behind my back and fiddle with the zip, but as everybody should know by now, it's impossible for a girl to zip her dress up on her own.

There's a knock at the door.

"You can come in!" I call out, still facing the mirror.

Tom pokes his head through the door.

"Hey, um, Haz is in the shower and I was wondering if you could button these up for me?" he asks gesturing to his wrists.

I look at him through the mirror and watch as his eyes gaze at my back.

I turn around, "Hey! Eyes up here, Mister!"

He laughs and I walk over and button his cuffs for him. It takes me a minute to realize that this is the outfit that I told him to buy from the store all that time ago. He never got to wear it, and now he finally is.

"Thanks," he smiles, "do you want me to, um, zip that up?"

I sigh a sigh of relief, "yes, thank God! I've been struggling with it."

He chuckles and I turn my back to him. He gently pushes my hair to one side. His fingers stroke the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine. He zips up my dress, but takes his time doing so. I feel warm and bubbly inside.

"Thank you," I say turning around.

He checks his watch, "we've still got some time to ourselves, you know?"

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck, "do we now?"

He grins mischievously and puts his lips to mine. I'm wrapped in a kiss full of fire and passion.

But... the moment doesn't last long.

"Hey, guys- OH MY GOD, GET A ROOM!" Harrison gasps standing at the door.

Tom's forehead creases, "we have gotten a room."

He rolls his eyes, admitting defeat causing me to snicker.

"So are we going?" Haz asks.

"It's early," I moan.

Haz sighs impatiently, "we have to be there early! You guys need to say goodbye to everyone!"

I pout and give him puppy dog eyes.

He groans, "five more minutes!"

And with that, he leaves the room. Tom rests his forehead against mine and smiles between kisses, "finally."

**AT THE PARTY**

I enter and the party is everything I'd expected it to be. Everybody swarming around, drinking, enjoying the vast range of food and singing along to the sick songs they were playing. Tom is instantly swooped away from me as he chats with some of the crew. He winces apologetically towards me and I wave it off.

"There she is," Jacque walks over to me.

I smile, "finally, a familiar face."

He laughs and then winks, "so you and Tom, huh? What did I tell you those few months ago?"

"Yeah, okay you were right," I glance towards Tom who is now engaged in a conversation, "he is everything and more than I thought he'd be."

"I stan your relationship. You guys are such a cute couple," Jacque fawns.

"I need a drink," I say, "do you want one?"

"I'm trying to stay sober, but go enjoy yourself. I'll find you later."

We part ways and I find myself at the drinks table, pouring myself a glass of wine. I turn my back from the table and stand there, sipping on my wine and examining the room. I've lost Tom in the crowds somewhere. I frown.

I feel someone bump into me.

"Shit, sorry, I'm a clumsy person and—" they begin but stop immediately as I turn around.

"Andrew. Do you use that pickup line on every girl or?" I force a smile.

His jaw clenches, "I'm not doing this."

He storms off and for once, I have the balls to run after him.

"Andrew, wait!" I call out as I put a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry I humiliated you. It's just... I have feelings for Tom and nothing could change that."

He scoffs, "just humiliated me? You broke my heart, Corinna! I thought I had finally found someone decent, someone who liked me as much as I liked them. I know we only had a few conversations, but I liked you and I'm pretty sure those feelings haven't gone away. Hell, you've been stuck in my head and it kills to see you with Holland everyday at work. And nothing could change that? Maybe not walking out on a date that I paid for by the way!" 

I gulp as I process only one sentence, "you still like me? We didn't even have one date, Andrew."

"Looks like I fall to easily then," he spits, "I'm not doing this with you here."

He storms off again, but his words have me so stumped, I can't chase him again.

My heart falls to my feet. How could I hurt someone so easily after one date?