Part 5~ Tension

Tom looks to be shaken up and Harrison stares at me inquisitively. 

Tom takes his hand back and runs it through his hair awkwardly, "yeah, aha. That's me."

"I know," I say.

He chuckles, attempting to ease the tension between us... but clearly he fails.

"Um, well this is Corinna. Unless, you two already know eachother?" Harrison speaks quietly.

"Nope," I snap and look towards Harrison, "can I, um, talk to you for a minute?"

Harrison gestures towards the corner of the room and I follow him there, feeling a pair of eyes burning into my back.

"What was that?!" Harrison shrieks.

I throw my head back in frustration, "you didn't tell me you were friends with Tom Holland !" 

"And is there something wrong with Tom?" he frowns.

"It's just that I, um..." I stumble for words, "urrr..."

"Just spit it out!"

"I tried out for the part of Spider-Gwen, okay?!" I shout, "this was supposed to be my career changing movie and I didn't get it! And who did? Tom's stupid girlfriend!"

I gasp and look towards Harrison who looks equally as stunned. He presses his fingers to his temples.

"Wow, okay. That is a lot to take in," he laughs awkwardly.

"Look, look, look. If  I get the job, you absolutely cannot tell Tom," I order, "he can't know. No one can know. Okay?"

"Whatever, but why not?" he sighs. 

I glare at him, "because it's humiliating, that's why! I don't want to be seen as a failure."

"I don't see you that way and I'm pretty sure Tom won't either," Harrison smiles, "but sure thing."

I mouth a 'thank you' as we walk over to where Tom used to be standing.

"Where did he- oh," I look over to my left to see him passionately making out with his girlfriend.

If I got a job here, I would be forced to work with her. But it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and it would change my life...

"Looks like I'll have to leave it to the fates," I mumble.

Then I frown. I mean, Tom isn't bad looking in person...

CORINNA, HOW DARE YOU?! YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND. 

Then, a man who's makeup is astounding, walks towards us and introduces himself as Jacque. He asks me to show him some of my work and so I show him some from my Instagram account as he "ooh"s and "ahh"s his way through them all.

"You seem like a very nice girl, but there is one real test. I need to see you in action," he grins. 

I gulp, "here? Now?"

He nods eagerly and then turns around, "Thomas Stanley, get your ass over here!"

"I'm doing Tom's makeup?!" I begin to panic frantically internally. 

Tom jogs over and I can't help but think about how good he had looked whilst jogging.

Corinna, you're a major hoe, aren't you now?

I sigh and Jacque claps, "we're filming a scene where he has bruises on his face. Could you do that?"

Tom stands next to him, his arms crossed over his chest and a smile playing around on his face. His eyes are big and brown, hopeful. 

No. He ruined your career.

But he might give you a new career now!

His girlfriend sucks and you may have to do her makeup if you get this job.

Oh well, suck it up! You live with Xavier, that's already pretty rough.

Exactly, which is why you don't need it harder.

But just look at that face...

After having a mental argument with myself, I give in, "sure."

Tom rubs his hands together, "let's do this!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

sorry for the uber short parts, they do get longer, I promise!! :) <3