Part 35~ The Hollands

"Tom!" his dad says, wrapping him in a hug.

"Hey, dad," Tom says, genuinely happy.

Harrison extends his hand, "Dom, how have you been?"

"Harrison! Wonderful, thank you," Dom takes his hand then turns to me, "ah, you're the girl Tom has been bugging us about for the past few months."

"He has now, has he?" I smile as Tom blushes, "I'm Corinna, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Holland."

"Please, it's Dom. You make me sound old when you call me Mr. Holland," he chuckles.

"Dom it is then," I beam as Tom laces his fingers through mine.

We walk to the car and drop Harrison off at his house and then we go to Tom's. The drive is pleasant and Mr. Holl- Dom is a very nice man. He reminds me of Tom. Similar names, similar personalities.

We arrive and I step out of the car. Their house is adorable and so... homey.

"This way kids," he says as he leads us into the house.

Tom rolls his eyes, "dad, we're both full grown adults."

Dom smirks and opens the door. I'm overwhelmed by the four figures already awaiting us at the door. Of course, I already know all of their names.

Tom's mother wraps him in a hug and squeezes his cheeks, "my big boy!"

"Mum, you're embarrassing me," he blushes which makes me laugh.

She turns to me, "oh, you're just as beautiful in person as the photos!"

She hugs me and when we break apart I say, "I'm Corinna. It's an honour to meet you and stay in your house for two weeks, Mrs Holland."

"Seriously, skip all of that formal crap. It's Nikki to you," she grins and it makes me happy on the inside, "boys, come say hi!"

Tom begins to introduce his brothers, "Rina, this is—"

"Harry, Sam and Paddy," I butt in, "it's so cool to finally meet you guys in person."

"Tom, how much have you told her about us?" Sam says sarcastically which makes me smile even more.

"I've told her—" Tom looks at me in shock, "Corinna Bianco, have you been stalking me and my family?"

"Hey, I do not stalk!" I quickly say, "I consider it research, not stalking."

Everyone laughs and Harry says, "Tom, please keep this girl."

Everyone ushers me into the lounge room.

"I just need to um, freshen up. Where's the bathroom?" I ask.

Sam stands up, "here, I'll—"

"—it's alright Sam, I got it," Tom gives me his hand and I take it as he walks me to the bathroom.

"I'm going to the bathroom not to Australia. Was holding my hand really necessary?" I smile.

He raises an eyebrow cheekily, "are you complaining?"

"Mmm, of course. My boyfriend holding my hand is the worst thing to ever happen to me," I sigh sarcastically.

"Hey, Rina. I'm sorry if my family is a little... confronting," he winces.

"Tom," I start, "your family is so beautiful. Don't apologize, seriously."

He smiles, "yeah. I know. I'm so lucky."