Part 21~ Never Have I Ever

The next day, Tom is in the middle of filming a scene with Jacob (Batalon), who had finally arrived. Andrew pops up next to me.

"Hi," he says.

"Aren't you the camera guy?" I asked.

He laughs, "there's more than one camera guy, you know."

"Right," I giggle and then frown, "Andrew, I'm sorry for running out on you the past two times now. I just wasn't in the right mindset."

"You don't have to say sorry," he ponders for a second, "but are you in the right mindset now?"

I shrug, "yeah. Why?"

"Dinner and a movie. With me. Saturday night."

I raise an eyebrow, "a date?"

"Yeah," he shoves his hands in his pockets, "if you want it to be."

I smile, "sure." He pumps his fist and begins to walk off before I call out quietly, "did you want my number?"

"Ooh, right!"

We exchange numbers and I light up inside. I just got a date! Filming ends and Jacob walks over with Tom.

"Corinna, I'd like you to meet Jacob," Tom introduces, "Jacob, Corinna- makeup artist."

"It's very nice to meet you," he extends his hand.

I take it, "the feeling is mutual."

All of a sudden, a woman wearing glasses shrieks and runs to the set, "Jon! I found the documents from the auditions!"

Jon Watts, the director, pulls out the folder from her hands as we all stare in anticipation.

"The new Gwen Stacy will hopefully be..." he pulls out the piece of paper, "Corinna Bianco? But aren't you the makeup artist?"

My jaw drops and I'm speechless. I got the role. I got the role of my dreams.

"You?!" Tom looks at me, "you auditioned?"

"Yeah," I say breathlessly, "it's me."

No words come from my mouth. Everyone stares at me and within the next minute, I am surrounded by a flurry of people and congratulations; Zendaya, Jacob, Haz, Andrew, a bunch of randoms I'll probably have to learn the names of now.

Then Tom reaches me and looks into my eyes, "why didn't you tell me, Corinna?"

I sigh, "because...! I was jealous of Winnie too, you know? Her boyfriend is Spider-Man so she had it so much easier and I felt like a failure. I went from an actress to a makeup artist, how was I supposed to feel?"

"You are not a failure! You are one of the most successful people I know, especially considering what you've been through," he wraps me in his arms and rests his chin on my head, "congratulations. You deserve it."

"Thanks," I mumble into his chest.

We head back to the apartment with Zendaya and Jacob amongst us and order pizza.

"This feels so surreal," I say, collapse onto the couch and then start panicking, "oh my god, I need a manager and—"

"Hey, calm down. We can share a manager," Tom winks, "you'll meet her tomorrow."

"Tomorrow, right," I repeat.

"Y'all need to stop stressing out. We need to celebrate," Zendaya says, "how about a drinking game?"

"We haven't even eaten pizza yet, Daya," Jacob laughs.

"You think I didn't know that?" she teases.

Haz jumps up, "how about never have I ever?"

We all cheer and Haz grabs shot glasses and alcohol.

"I'll start," Zen says, "never have I ever been arrested."

Zendaya and I each take a shot while the boys look at us in shock.

"Zendaya, I understand. But Cori, really?!" Harrison looks towards me.

I laugh, "it was a long, long time ago!"

"What did you even do?!" Tom chuckles.

"Well, I sort of... keyed the car belonging the man slut of the school back in high school," I enunciate each word.

The rest of the howl with laughter as I try explain myself, "he tried to take my virginity, not my fault!"

"Never have I ever had a one-night stand," Haz hollers and he takes a shot along with Zendaya.

"I'm too innocent to do that," Tom beams and we all laugh.

Jacob takes his turn, "my turn! Never have I ever dated a co-worker."

Haz and I abstain while the rest of them drink.

"Does it count if you're going to go on a date with one?" I wink.

Tom perks up and looks at me instantly.

"Ooh, who are you dating, Corinna?" Zendaya winks.

I twirl my hair, "well... I'm sort of going on a date with Andrew the camera guy on Saturday night."

Haz, Jacob and Zen squeal and Tom says silent.

Tom stands up, "I'm going to bed."

"It isn't even 8 yet, Tom," Jacob tells him, "and pizza isn't here!"

"I'm just... tired," Tom says and leaves.

We all remain silent and the doorbell rings. 

Haz opens the door to the pizza man, "two pizzas?"