Part 33~ Plans

The next morning, I wake up feeling happier than ever. I sit up straight away and stretch my arms, not being able to wipe the smile off of my face. I hop downstairs to Haz sitting by himself at the dining table. I skip over and slide in opposite to him.

"You look very... happy," Haz sips his tea.

I yawn, "I'm guessing you know about last night?"

"Know about it?!" Haz nearly spits his tea out, "Tom told me every. Single. Detail."

I laugh and stare at my hands, "it was magical."

"Seeing you guys this happy makes me glad Tom didn't listen to me after I told him not to run after you that night," he grins.

I raise an eyebrow, "you told him not to?"

He sighs, "yeah, but only because it was your choice to go on the date. You seemed happy with Andrew."

"I mean, I would've come back to the apartment anyways," I shrug, "so. Now that the movie is finished, are you going back to London, or?"

"That's the plan. I guess I'll stay there until Tom and you have interviews and promotions and all that, so then I'll come with you guys wherever you need to."

I groan, "you're lucky you have a welcoming family to get back to. My mother isn't expecting me."

"Yikes, that sounds painful," he winces.

"Yeah, I guess it makes sense. I mean, I did leave her."

He thinks for a moment, "Hey. You should come to London with Tom and I."

I perk up, "but you guys are visiting your families!"

"Yeah and I'm pretty sure Tom would want you to meet his," he winks.

I choke on air, "meet his family?!"

Haz is about to speak, but Tom walks downstairs right on cue.

"Yeah, that'd be nice," he says.

Haz mouths I told you to me and smiles.

I roll my eyes and turn to Tom, "London. Wow."

He slides into the seat next to me, "have you ever been?"

"I lived there actually for a few years," I tell him, "with Dean."

"That's how she met me," Haz cuts in.

"Well, I promise you, this will be heaps of fun," he smiles, planting a kiss on my cheek.

I grin and then frown, "we're not visiting my family though."

"Why not? I'd love to meet them!" Tom pouts.

"Yeah, you wouldn't," I shake my head, "my family is crazy rich and self-conceited and they think I'm dating Andrew."

He too frowns, "why do they think that?"

"I talked to my mum before my date with Andrew and told her he has Italian parents, like me. She will hate you."

Haz reaches over the table and squishes Tom's face, "who could hate this face?"

Tom swats his hand away, "ha ha very funny."

I laugh.

"I mean he has a point," he grins attractively and I bite my lip, "who could hate me? We can stay in London for two weeks and Melbourne for two as well—" Tom begins but I interrupt.

"— no Melbourne."

He rolls his eyes, "no Melbourne but we'll leave for London tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" my eyes widen, "but we need to buy tickets and economy fills up quickly and—"

"—economy?!" Haz spits, "darling. You are a celebrity now."

"Oh, right. I am," I put my palm to my face as we all laugh.

I'm going to London again.

I go to my room to start packing and throw a bunch of clothes in. Wow, I'm going to London. Last time I went was with Dean- Dean.

My eyes dart to my hatbox and I hesitate before picking it up and placing the letter in my handbag. I may grow some balls there to read it. I run my fingers over his handwriting again and smile a little to myself. My name on the envelope just looks so familiar and comforting.

I really wish Dean was here, with me.

Then a realization dawns on me.

If Dean hadn't died, I would never have moved to the USA and I would never have met Tom and probably never have seen Haz again. I would never have gotten to where I am now and met Zen and I would still be with Xavier.

I mentally slap myself. I can't possibly be thinking of positives to my brother's death. He died! That isn't in anyway positive!

Right?