Part 53~ 2 From 3

**A FEW HOURS LATER**

I give a statement to the police, Tom by my side through the whole thing. Even though he assaulted me and nearly killed me, there is still sinking feeling in my gut. I'm taking away Dean's father from him.

No.

He needs to be punished.

We leave and Tom drops a hand over my shoulder. "You okay?" he whispers in my ear. I nod but he knows I'm lying.

"Hey, enough about me," I sigh, "we faced my demon, now it's time to face your's."

He moans, "we don't have to exactly... she'll take the hint."

"Yeah, and she'll do something drastic like spreading lies," I say.

"Will she though? I mean, she is crazy, but—"

I cut him off, "—Tom. No matter how crazy Winnie is, every girl needs an official break-up. Otherwise, she'll just stay hung-up on you."

He sighs, "I suppose you're right..."

"You KNOW I'm right."

He rolls his eyes, but a smile dances on his face. We head back to his- well, OUR apartment where we will then see Haz. If there's going to be anyone we're going to spill the details about Paris to first, Harrison is the number one person.

We take the elevator up and I can't wipe the smile off of my face. I see Tom look at me from the corner of my eye and the corners of his mouth tilt up too.

Tom unlocks the door and I'm elated to be greeted by Haz.

"Welcome back," he winces.

I frown but then take a glance of what's- WHO'S behind him.

The Hollands.

All five of them.

Dom, Sam, Harry, Paddy and... Nikki.

They all sit on the couches looking tense.

I bite the insides of my cheeks and Tom protectively laces his fingers through mine. Nikki stands up straight away.

"You're back," she states.

Tom presses his lips together, "yeah. We went to Paris and—"

"I mean back together," she crosses her arms over her chest.

I gulp, "I need to explain."

Nikki opens her mouth to speak, but Sam interrupts her much to my relief, "I'd like to hear it."

"So would I," Harry steps in.

Dom shrugs his shoulders, "I guess I would too. Nikki?"

She closes her eyes and exhales deeply. I panic for a second, but she opens them and gestures towards the couch opposite her.

That's a step forward, right?

I lead Tom there and plop down. I sit up straight and clasp my hands in my lap.

Tom places his hand on top of mine. I like the reassurance.

I gulp. Nikki raises her eyebrows, "well?"

"First of all, I just want to say I'm sorry. To all of you, but especially to you, Tom," I look up at him and he stares down at me sadly, "every time I think about that time, I don't care about the fact that I was struggling. I can only think about what I put you through. What I put all of you through."

My voice breaks and Tom smiles sadly, "it's not your fault, love."

"So who's fault is it then?" Harry asks and when we both turn to look at him, he winces, "I'm sorry, I just want to know."

I laugh softly, "it's okay. Well let's start from the beginning..."

I tell the Hollands everything. From Dean's suicide, to the letter, to confronting Xavier, to nearly dying, to protecting Tom.

"So in conclusion, I did it to ensure Tom's safety. I didn't want a rerun of the car accident but with fatal consequences. Xavier is out of our lives for a few years anyway after I testify against him."

I manage to do it all without breaking down. I exhale abruptly when I finish and I feel all 6 pairs of eyes on me. The room has an unbearable silence lingering. Is someone going to say something or—

"How did you do it?" Nikki asks.

My forehead creases, "do what?"

She laughs incredulously, "go through all of that alone?"

"I don't know," my voice comes out as a whisper.

"You're a strong woman," she says, "I'm glad Tom has you again."

This time I can't keep my tears in, "that means the world to me."

"I apologise for the ugly confrontation at the coffee shop. That was wrong of me, I was just so angry and—"

"—don't apologise," I plead, "I understand."

She smiles as a tear slides down her cheek. I feel obliged to go and give her a hug. I would have if Paddy didn't say what he said next.

"Is that a ring on your finger?!" he asks excitedly, "are you guys getting married?!"

All eyes dart to my hand and Tom chuckles, "it's a promise ring, bud. Not an engagement ring."

"You gave her a promise ring?" Haz chuckles, "so you're official?"

Tom laughs, "no way, Haz."

He rolls his eyes and I snicker.

Sam grins, "leave it to Tom to give a girl a ring in Paris."

This causes Tom to blush and that makes me genuinely laugh.

The questions continue to flow through and during the conversation, Nikki and I exchange a look. And I can see in her eyes that she approves, just as long as I never hurt him again.

I don't want to hurt him again.