Part 40~ Beach Bash

It's my birthday. I don't like big celebrations and presents, I like it small. But I at least like a birthday and birthday wishes. So far, no one has given me any. No one in person- of course I have gotten many messages and dedication posts and I know I never told Tom when my birthday is, but he hasn't wished me!

We are at the Hollands' house for breakfast. I stay quiet and no one notices again. After that, I huff and storm to the lounge, flopping onto the couch, exasperated.

To make myself feel better, I scroll through my Instagram and reply to dozens of fans' kind words. At least some people remember!

I do get a few texts from my parents and from my sister. Even Lina texts me. My ex-friend does, but not Tom, my own boyfriend.

I'm getting too worked up about this!

"We're going out, Rina. We'll be back soon," Tom says kissing my forehead.

I nod sadly but he doesn't notice. He leaves me by myself and the house empties. Dom, at work and the rest of the family out. They didn't even care to invite me! Not going to lie, I expected a little more from such a sweet family.

Sam enters, smiling widely. He holds something in gold wrapping in his hands.

"This is from Tom," he passes it to me, "meet me outside when you're ready."

I nod, very confused. Ready for what? And what do I wear? There's a note on top of the mystery item. I pull it off and read it, 'I hope I got the right size- x, Tom.'

Right size? I rip open the wrapping. Under the wrapping is a box. I open the lid and in this box is some tissue paper. I sigh loudly. Is this some kind of joke? I pull out the tissue paper desperately and am surprised to actually find something there.

I hold it up. It's a black and white patterned swimsuit. Sam told me to get ready, so I hop into the bathroom and put it on. Are we going swimming or something?

I luckily have my small red kimono jacket and so I slide it on top and my pair of sunglasses, on my head.

I slip on my pair of Converses and walk outside.

It's a hot day. The sun burns my whole body as soon as I step outside.

"Let's go," he says, unlocking his car.

I slide in, slightly annoyed with all the surprises, "another surprise?"

He clicks his tongue, "with Tom, there's always a bunch of surprises."

"I mean, where are we going? Can't you at least tell me that?" I beg.

He eyes me, "can't you tell?"

"Sam. Tom made me crash a wedding with him while I was wearing Converses and a five year old dress. My outfit will not make anything obvious," I moan and he laughs, "the beach?"
He presses his lips together and nods. I breathe a sigh of relief. At least it's definitely not a kidnapping.

"You know," Sam grins slightly, "I have never seen Tom as happy as he is with you. Ever."

I look at him in joy. I make Tom happy. Just this thought lights me up inside and I bite my lip.

"Keep in mind that he's the one who showed me there is a happy side to my life," I chuckle at our first memories.

How I had snapped at him when we first met. How I had been forced to do his makeup and touch his hair. The carnival, oh the carnival.

"I really think he loves you," he says in a soft voice and this makes me soft. He loves me. I love him. We're in love.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop distracting me from asking you questions about where you're taking me," I snap playfully.