Part 17/18~ Me or Her

We arrive on set and I'm in charge of Zendaya's makeup. The building is crowded with a large number of people so hiding from Winnie isn't a problem. I sneak into Zendaya's trailer and breathe a sigh of relief.

"You look dead as, man," she states, putting a magazine down.

I begin to lay out everything, "just hiding from Winnie and all of my problems, such as this killer hangover, and responsibilities. You know, the usual."

"Yeah, I saw the photos," she frowns, "if it makes you feel better, I didn't think it was true. Tom is a good guy and you seem like a decent person, you guys wouldn't do that to Winnie."

I stop for a minute and smile, "that actually does make me feel a little better. Thank you."
She grins and I start to work on her face. As I do her makeup, we talk and talk and get to know eachother better.

"Hey, do you want to go out sometime? Just the two of us?" Zendaya asks.

I press my lips together, "yeah. That sounds nice."

We exchange numbers and then I step back and let her have a look in the mirror.

"Damn, you're talented," she whistles.

I laugh it off and say goodbye as I walk out of her trailer. I'm about to head home and then realise that we came in one car. I moan and sneak into the main building to steal the keys from Tom or Haz and then decide that maybe I'd come to pick them up later? I enter the building and it's completely silent, excluding a man and woman standing in the middle of a set and the whole crew gathered around, exchanging whispers. I spot Haz standing anxiously in the crowd and make my way over to him.

"What's going on?" I whisper.

He says and buries his face in his hands, "Winnie is having a tantrum again."

I look towards set and realise that is indeed, Winnie and Tom having a heated exchange.

"You literally cancelled our date for her!" Winnie shouts.

Tom groans loudly, "how many times do I need to tell you, Winnie?! She was in danger!"

"Danger of what? Being raped?" Winnie scoffs.

I can't take it anymore, "Haz, I'm going to intervene."

He looks at me, eyes wide, "Cori, you can't!"

Too late. I shove through everybody until I'm in Winnie's sight. Here goes nothing.  

She looks at me and growls as Tom turns around.

"Corinna, you don't have to get involved," Tom mutters.

I ignore him and stride towards Winnie, "it's not his fault okay?! If you should blame anyone, blame me."

"Okay then," she raises her voice, "why do you keep trying to steal my boyfriend?!"

I chuckle harshly, "Please. Get it through your thick head that I. Am. Not. Trying. To!"

She gasps and grabs my shirt and shoves me up against a wall.

"Winnie, stop!" Tom orders.

He tries to separate the two of us, but I look at him and shake my head. A fire burns in Winnie's eyes and I grip her shirt back.

"You do not get to talk to me that way! You're a pathetic makeup artist and I am an A-list celebrity!"

I hiss, "I'm perfectly happy with my job and my lifestyle and bullshit you're an A-list!"

She grins mischievously, clearly finding an opening to tear me apart, "but your brother wasn't happy with his lifestyle, was he?"

My grip on her shirt loosens as her's tightens. I look desperately towards Harrison who's nowhere to be found. Tom shares incredulously.

"Tell me, Corinna," she tilts her head, "was brother dearest THAT sick and tired of you? Did you drive him to that state? You and your boyfriend who— wait, which one of you was the reason?"

"How do you know all of this?!" I spit.

She turns her head up and laughs, "I have my sources. Poor, old, Corinna. Living a sad life. Everyone pities you. But everyone still hates you. Your ex cheated on you with your best friend because they hate you..."

"Stop, please, stop..." I beg.

"Your parents sent you to America because they hate you," she continues.

"Winnie..." Tom scowls as rage burns inside of me.

"And your brother took his own life because you're the reason he was miserable!"

I can't take it anymore. I slap her ferociously and as she falls to the floor dramatically, I stand there gaping with a single tear sliding down my cheek. The whole room has their eyes on Winnie and I and the whispering intensifies. Harrison makes his way through the crowd and his jaw drops to his feet. I spot Andrew in the crowd and my neck instantly snaps towards Tom. He knows that in this moment it's me or her.

He looks down at her and then up at me and he mouths 'I'm sorry' to me. He kneels down to Winnie and comforts her.

My heart falls to my feet and I pick up my bag and storm out of the building.

Tom calls out after me, "Corinna!"

But I don't stop. I won't stop, for him or for anyone else. Heavy footsteps pound behind me and I expect them to be his and I walk even faster.

"Just wait a minute," he grabs my shoulder and stops me.

I turn around, ready to snap, but it's not Tom standing there, but Andrew.

"Are you okay? That was pretty rough in there," he says sympathetically.

I sniffle, "I'm fine. I just, I gotta go."

I swivel back on my heels and leave the premises. I have to get my anger out somehow and going to the bar didn't do that. Instead, I head to a graveyard. Of course, Dean wasn't buried here- he was buried in Australia. But as I walk past all it the graves, I can't help but think about how I could've known. How I could've stopped it. Stopped not only his death, but Xavier driving him to that state, Xavier hitting me, Winnie opening her big ass mouth.

I shut my eyes and clench my fists as I listen to the wind sway the leaves on the trees and hope that my problems fly away with them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: in case you're confused, the reason this part is part 17/18 is because this was originally split into two parts on my Instagram. I decided to combine the two on here because Part 17 is way too short for Wattpad.