Part 28~ Okay

This news is obviously shocking, but I am not in any mood to discuss it.

"Okay," I say.

"Okay?! That's all you have to say?" Lina shrieks, "we were friends once, Corinna!"

"Yeah, once. Before you hurt me. I lost my boyfriend and best friend in the same night," I hiss and turn around to walk off.

"I don't know how to express how sorry I am, Cor!" Lina whines, "and you know as well as I do that Xavier won't support me with this baby!"

I don't turn back around, "I can't help you."

And I walk off, feeling her eyes burn into my back.

"Is everything... okay?" Tom asks me as I walk towards him.

I sigh, "just peachy. Can we just go back home?"

Home. Is that what I call their apartment now?

Tom seems to notice as well and his whole face lights up, "whatever you want."

I change back into my regular pair of clothes and meet Tom outside again. Lina is nowhere to be seen. I exhale relieved and we go back.

I take a quick shower and walk back into the lounge room, where Tom is on his phone and humming, oblivious to my presence. I pull out my phone and start recording on my Instagram story. He's still humming.

"Whatcha doing?" I scare him.

He jumps, "shit, Rina! You scared me."

He kisses my cheek and I giggle as my phone stops recording.

"You know that video is going to go viral now, right?" I raise my eyebrows.

He waves it off, "let it."

I grin and post the video. Already, my Instagram blows up with comments, DMs and likes. I turn it off and throw it onto the counter.

I watch him scroll through his phone and drink tea and I smile.

"I see you," he says, still looking at his phone.

I yawn and collapse onto the couch next to him as he drops his arm over my shoulders. In that moment, I feel happy and free for the first time in forever.

**A FEW HOURS LATER**

Tom and Haz leave to go to the store to buy some things, leaving me alone in the apartment. No matter how I much I adore the both of them, a girl always needs some alone time.
I open my phone and decide to unblock Lina's number. Despite all of the anger I still have, she was once my best friend. She knows Xavier was a mistake and I know what she's going through.

She still needs someone, even if that someone has to be me. 

As soon as I unblock her, the texts she sent during that time come all at once. My phone doesn't stop vibrating for five minutes. Two hundred texts. A lot of them are 'I'm sorry' and 'please forgive me'. But some of them are texts like 'please help me' and 'please, Cor, I need you'. My heart falls when I read the last ones and I gulp.

I throw my phone at the wall and watch as it cracks and falls to the floor.

I notice my hatbox poking out from the cupboard and I go and pick it up, my only intention being to put it away. Dean's letter. I pull it out and out of the envelope. I run my fingers over his familiar handwriting. I read the first line, Dear Rina... It's already too hard. I fold the letter back to the way it was and shove it back in the envelope.

I still need time.