Part 19~ Miracles Aren't Real, Honey

I walk back to the exit of the graveyard, the leaves crunching under my weight. I run my fingers over some of the headstones and I think about how unfair life is. It takes people from us. It tears us apart and dissolves our hearts. It forces us to get through it, sometimes with no support.
Coming here allowed me to get some closure, but did it erase my anger and pain? Nope. Winnie's words were brutal. Is it true that I am that hate-able? That people just leave me because they dislike me? Did my parents send me away because they dislike me? 

I have to talk to someone. I pull out my phone and dial the one person I know would listen to me and give me advice.

"Hello?"

"Hey, can we meet? If you aren't filming?"

"They cancelled filming for the day," Zendaya says, "coffee house in five?"

"Yeah sure, thanks," I say and hang up.

I speed walk to the coffee house and take a seat in the back, dark corner of the room. I lean back and let out a huge exhale. She walks in and immediately sees me.

She runs over and slides into a seat, "holy shit, Corinna, I heard what happened! Are you okay?"

I shake my head and sniffle, "is Winnie okay?"

She shrugs, "I don't know and I don't care. She and Tom broke up and then—"

"—they broke up?!" my eyes widen, "was she really that angry? That she broke up with him?"

"Not exactly," she winces, "Tom broke up with her as soon as you walked out."

My heart skipped a beat, "he ended it? But he loves her or at least cares about her."

"Not as much as he cares about you apparently," she smiles, "and then Winnie quit right after that and stormed out, like you."

My jaw drops a little, "she quit? What's going to happen now?"

"Well there were two options. Either cut the remaining scenes from the script if she recorded enough of them or bring in their second option and re-record Winnie's scenes. And considering she only recorded like one out of the couple she has, they couldn't just have Gwen in one scene, could they?"

I gulp, "who's the second option?"

"I dunno," Zendaya frowns, "they have to check their records."

I don't want to get my hopes up, but could I be the second option? No, no way.

That would be a miracle and miracles don't happen in my life.

"Are you sure you're okay though? It seems like you've been through a lot," she raises her eyebrows in concern.

"Honestly? No. I'm not okay," I bite my lip, "but if I can just have a miracle, I will be."

"You'll get one," she grins then checks her phone, "oh, shoot! I gotta go."

She runs out and gives me a quick wave before leaving through the door. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pick it up.

"Cori," Haz sighs, "thank God. Where are you?"

"Out and about," I tell him, "are you still at the set?"

"We're on the way back."

I gulp, "can you guys, um, pick me up?"

He exhales, "of course. Where are you?"

I let him know and I wait outside. The black Audi pulls up within minutes and I slide into the backseat. Tom is driving and his hand is gripping the steering wheel so hard, his knuckles are white.

I would say something, apologize even, but I know he doesn't want to hear it.