Part 49~ No Makeup

**ONE WEEK LATER**

"Okay, Kendrick is even more amazing in person," I'm still star struck as we walk out of the venue.

Tom drops an arm over my shoulders, "I told you!"

"And the atmosphere was so electric and it was so incredible and the experience was amazing and, and the amount of people that were there!" I begin to rant, "I'm just rampaging now."

"It's cute, don't stop," he laughs.

"I'M cute?" I pinch his cheeks, "look at you, coochie coochie coo!"

He swats his hand and moans. I giggle at his response. Then everything hits me like a bus. I still have to face Xavier. I still have to tell the police. Everyone's still at home. We're going to have to go back and face our problems eventually.

"You okay?" Tom cups my face in his hands.

I frown, "Xavier is still on the loose, Tom. What if he does this to someone else? What if he does this to Lina?"

"It's not your fault, okay?" Tom reassured me.

I nod solemnly and he pulls my hand into his, "let's go explore. Which landmark do you want to visit? Eiffel Tower?"

I consider this for a moment, "the Eiffel Tower won't be open."

"Well we don't have to go to the top now, do we?" he winks and drags me along the streets of Paris. 

The roads are still buzzing with excitement even though it's early in the morning. The footpaths are empty so we dash through them without having to worry about running into someone.

The run is so quick and when we stop, I bend over and start to pant, "why... did we... stop?"

Tom isn't puffed out at all.

He laughs, "turn around."

I furrow my brows but obey. When I turn, my jaw drops in awe. The Eiffel Tower. At night. Glowing and bright. It's everything I thought it would be and more! It looks even better than the photos. It's so tall, my neck hurts from looking. But it's beauty trumps my pain because I never want to stop.

"It's beautiful," I whisper to myself.

"Not as beautiful as you are," he says from behind me.

I respond but still face the Tower, "quit being so cheesy."

Tom sighs. He's standing behind me still. I don't wonder why as I'm still in awe that we're in France. In Paris. In front of the Eiffel Tower.

He clears his throat and I turn around now, "is everything..."

M y voice fades away as I register what he's doing.

Tom Holland is on one knee. With a ring. In front of the Eiffel Tower.

"Tom, what are you doing?" tears flood my eyes happily.

He gulps, "I'm not proposing so don't be alarmed. I know we're only young."

I don't know what to say. I merely nod.

"Rina, this is a promise ring. After a few months apart, I was inconsolable. I don't want to lose you ever again. So here goes," he takes a moment to get himself together, "Rina, I promise to always be there for you. I promise to always protect you. I promise to always be by your side. I promise to always take your side. I promise to never love anyone as much as I love you, except Robert Downey Jr of course."

I giggle at this.

"I promise to always wish you good morning and good night. I promise to give you space when you need it. I promise to never leave you. I promise to always compliment you when possible. I promise to live up to your expectations. I promise to wake up to you every morning. I promise to never break your heart. I promise to hopefully, one day marry you," my heart skips a beat, "I promise to love you forever. Because Rina, I love you. So, so much. You're the thing in my life I never even knew I needed. So Corinna Bianco, will you accept this promise ring?"

A smile grows on my face and reaches my ears. A tear filled with content slides down my cheek. What other answer to say but...

"Yes," I say, gasping for air, "of course I accept your promise ring, Tom Holland. A million times yes!"

He slides the ring onto my finger with ease and stands up. I react first. I slam my lips onto his and he doesn't fight it at all. I love him. So much. I can't see myself with anyone but him.

We break apart and he rests his forehead against mine.

"I regret asking you to stop being cheesy. If this is cheesy, please be cheesy. Always be cheesy," I ramble.

He chuckles, "if you want, then Corinna, I promise to always be cheesy."

I smile broadly as he puts his lips to mine again.

All I can think about is how lucky I am. To love this man and to have him love me.

I am the luckiest girl in the world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you don't understand the reference, No Makeup is a Kendrick Lamar song. It was written in 2011 and wasn't that popular so it's okay if you don't know it :')

At one point, the song goes:

I love the way you, put it on your eyes

The roses on your face, light up the sky

Those lips are colorful all of the time

And I feel that this represented this part perfectly :)