Part 25~ Rina

We pull apart from eachother, much to my dismay, and he takes a look at me. 

"Did you run barefoot from the movies?!" Tom gasps.

"I probably would've stacked it if I didn't," I laugh and then he picks me up bridal style, "Tom what are you doing?!"

He turns back and begins jogging to the apartment, "I won't let my girl run for me in this rain and then make her walk again."

"Since when am I your girl?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Honestly?" he grins, "I think you've been my girl from the beginning."

**AT THE APARTMENT**

Tom and I stumble into the apartment hand in hand, soaking wet and unable to wipe the smiles off of our faces.

"Holy shit," Harrison is shocked, "what the hell happened?"

Tom and I glance towards each other and continue to as he says, "nothing, really."

I head into my bedroom and change into a pair of dry pajamas. I check my phone for any texts and see one from my mum: 'how was your date with your future husband??'

I exhale and throw my phone on my bed, not bothering to reply. I enter the lounge room to Tom half sitting-half laying on the couch, eyes shut. I smile and flop down next to him, extending my legs on the couch and resting my head on his chest.

It's silent for a moment, until he breaks it, "I have a question."

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" I frown.

"No, it's okay. I was only half asleep," he says, "but anyway, my question. I'm just wondering, your ex is part of the reason your brother is dead, right? Well, aren't you curious as to why?"

I wasn't expecting this.

I gulp, "my brother wrote a letter, addressed to me only and it may have answers in there. But I've just been so overwhelmed in my grief, I haven't thought about getting to the bottom of it."

"So you haven't opened the letter?" he twirls my hair around his finger.

"I'm not ready," I say firmly.

He sighs, "I'm sorry for bringing it up, Corinna. I'm just a naturally curious person. Let's talk about something else."

I turn my head upside down so I can see him and I scrunch up my face, "yeah, let's talk about you calling me Corinna. It sounds weird being called by my full name."

"It's about time you asked," he chuckles, "but I want my nickname for you to be different to Cor and Cori. How about... Rina?"

"Rina?" I repeat and my heart falls.

Tom notices my expression and starts panicking, "oh shoot. What is it? What did I say?"

"It's fine," I assure him, "it's just that... my brother use to call me that."

I can't see his face, but I already know he's upset. Upset at himself.

He stops playing with my hair and starts to rant nervously. I don't even catch a word of what he's saying, he's talking that fast.

"Tom, stop," I say and then smile, "you can call me Rina."

"Wait, what? Really? Are you really, really sure?"

"I need to move on. Dean died, yes, it's sad. But this shit happens. Life sucks and I need to understand that," it's my turn to rant.

He stammers, "wow. It's an honour, but are you sure?"

"I need to move on," I say, more to myself than him, "and I need you to help me."

He plants a kiss on my head, "I'd be more than happy to."

I smile and can't help but know that it most definitely was not a mistake. And before I know it, I drift off in his arms feeling comforted and safe.